• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How far away is the closest ski area to you?

hrstrat57

2 miles to the mighty Yawgoo.....about 90 minutes to Wachusett Mountain on a weekday morning....Berkshire East is about 2 hours (and worth the extra time to drive!!)

emmaurice2

Local: 17 mins to Mohawk 30 mins to Sundown
Southern Berkshires: 45 mins to Catamount or Butternut
Catskills: 2hr 15 to Hunter 3 hrs to Plattekill
Southern VT: 3 hrs via back roads (made it to Magic in 2hr 45 once)

ScottySkis

Local: 17 mins to Mohawk 30 mins to Sundown
Southern Berkshires: 45 mins to Catamount or Butternut
Catskills: 2hr 15 to Hunter 3 hrs to Plattekill
Southern VT: 3 hrs via back roads (made it to Magic in 2hr 45 once)

Plattekill takes you 45 minutes further then Hunter?

pcampbell

Moved recently
10 minutes from MRG
5 minutes from Sugarbush or Mt Ellen, of course we dont have to actually drive, we can take thebus or just BC it :)

Wavewheeler

They are all far away!

"Close" is a relative term. As far as I'm concerned, they are all too damn far. :(

But the closest ones would be Shawnee in PA or Mountain Creek in NJ (about 90 minutes), followed by Camelback and the other Pocono ski areas (2-2.5 hrs) and then the Catskills (2.5-3 hours). Gore Mountain and Vermont are in the 4.5-5 hour range.

So I'll do Mountain Creek/Poconos for a day trip. If I got more time I'll head north. Fortunately my weekends are Thurs-Sunday so I do have time and don't mind driving a few extra hours. :)