• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st turns by an Alpinezone Member this season prediction / contest

deadheadskier

Staff member
who's going to get the bragging rights? Lift served, not earned.

It won't be me as much as I'd like it to be. Life schedule lacks flexibility currently.

I've got twenty on Bob R.

What say you?

Who will be the first member on a hill making the rest of jealous as f&^% that their season has started?

skiersleft

It won't be me as much as I'd like it to be. Life schedule lacks flexibility currently.

What say you?

Who will be the first member on a hill making the rest of jealous as f&^% that their season has started?

I don't know who. But I know where. First lift served of the season will be at Kton.

Vortex

What say you?

Well depending on whom you ask, I think I got it last year. I am heading up North tonight if there is a chance. Others have already earned their turns on dust.

Huck_It_Baby

Well depending on whom you ask, I think I got it last year. I am heading up North tonight if there is a chance. Others have already earned their turns on dust.

Where is there a chance for lift served this weekend? I don't think Killington has done much more than test their guns??

Vortex

I would have gone to Sunday River. They said they are not opening this moning.. There were rumors of them making a try. Those rumors are just gun tests planned this weekend.

Huck_It_Baby

I would have gone to Sunday River. They said they are not opening this moning.. There were rumors of them making a try. Those rumors are just gun tests planned this weekend.

Yeah. Happens every year, haha!

Telemechanic

At Loon we're doing line work on the North Peak Quad today. There is a dusting on Sunset this morning and I could bring my skis in the work chair and claim the first turns prize. I'd probably be called out for cheating. I think I'll wait.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Bob R might have gotten first turns...kudos to Bob. I bagged first day and last day lift-served in the East last season....and last day North America non-glacier lift-served too. :) However most everything in the middle of the Easterrn season sucked (blame it on weather and health).

It wasn't planned and not necessarily going after it, it just happened that way when you're looking for October turns.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Pat if they were going to open tomorrow, I would have sent you an e-mail already.

Not saying they are opening tomorrow...I was talking about last year. I was just saying that if someone is going to get first lift-served turns, you would be one of the odds on favorite. As I found out last October, SR needs a few guinea pigs to dodge the snow guns and new snow whales on the first few runs on T2 and you willing to sacrifice yourself for 'skiing'. :D

The FIS gang might push the limit of pre-lift-served, but you're not far behind for October lift-served.

Last edited:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
SR needs a few guinea pigs to dodge the snow guns and new snow whales on the first few runs on T2 and you willing to sacrifice yourself for 'skiing'. :D

I just revisited last year's TR of that 1st day at SR...here is a quote:

SR decided to jump the gun and start spinning the lift at 8am in order to be the first to open. They had a few guinea pigs which included Bob R to break it the slope.

I didn't realize that I had talked about guinea pigs on that TR. :lol:

Full SR October TR from 2011:

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011...ber-29-2011-its-october-so-it-must-be-sunday/

Full SR October 15 TR from 2009:

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/sunday-river-me-%E2%80%93-october-15-09/

Vortex