• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st turns by an Alpinezone Member this season prediction / contest

Rogman

Skied both days, was first in line on Saturday. Crowds were light, skiing was excellent. By the 10AM opening, the guns were a bit wet, and they were shut down as they morning wore on. Coverage was excellent, much better than I expected, pretty much side to side, except for the area next to the guns, skiers left. They had a problem with the lift for maybe 20 minutes, everyone aboard got a voucher worth $10. My son in law got one, but he didn't feel it was necessary. He was just enjoying the sunshine. The new management is clearly going the extra mile. I stayed at the top of the lift, and had a beer a friend offered.

Sunday, it was foggy and rainy, but I felt it would be rude not to go to a party given in my (passholder) honor. I was expecting it to be frozen, but actually it was soft spring bumps. There were a few bare spots near the base of the lifts, but overall the coverage was again excellent. Bottoms of the troughs were fully covered. Solimano (CEO), Megnin (VP Marketing), and Temple (head of Mt Ops) were out there for an hour skiing together. We went with the expectation of "Not bad for Oct", but in fact, I'd be happy with those conditions any time.

Overall, it will be great for Killington, and skiers everywhere, if Solimano succeeds with his approach. He is a genuinely nice guy.

Attachments

• north_ridge.jpg
    north_ridge.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 50

Huck_It_Baby

Peak lodge foundation

7107B611-77F6-4D58-9423-29521285173C-5959-0000203275A4F4DB.jpg

IS that the entire foundation? Looks on the small side.