• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woodbury Ski Area set to open today!

skidmarks

Woodbury.jpg

Looks like Woodbury in CT will open today!! Congrats!!!
That being said, Suburban had just about that much snow in our parking lot last week for our rail jam with Ski Sundown...

Rod Taylor, president of Woodbury Ski Area, is pleased to announce that Woodbury Ski Area will be open Saturday 10/13/2012 (Weather Permitting). Woodbury Ski Area has always been one of the first ski areas to open for the season, and this year we will be opening earlier than ever, with our tentative opening for this Saturday. Woodbury Ski Area is known as the premier tubing park all across New England, and this Saturday, for the first time ever, Woodbury Ski Area will have all its activities open at the same time. We will have skiing, snowboarding, summer/winter tubing, zorbing and zip lining!!

Sotto

Woodbury Opens Today

Rod and the crew were out last night and will open today at 9am.

Via Facebook:

bobbutts

Nobody skiing it...
woodbury-10132012.jpg

bdfreetuna

So Wild Mountain opened a little patch of snow with no lift access and it was crowded and they got national media attention.

Woodbury opens a similar patch with no lift access a week later and it's crickets?

That's kinda sad. Get out there and ski that little patch of snow, guys!

Wow has anyone else been to their web site? Total disaster... check out their Trails Map page for Lulz
http://www.woodburyskiarea.com/winter/trailmap.html

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
So Wild Mountain opened a little patch of snow with no lift access and it was crowded and they got national media attention.

Woodbury opens a similar patch with no lift access a week later and it's crickets?
The is the difference between being first and tied for second. The Woodbury patch looks smaller than the Wild Mountain patch. And crazy Woodbury doing this isn't novel any more, no one has heard of Wild Mountain. I think Woodbury also got overshadowed in the east by Killington running a chair for some "real skiing" (oh SNAP, I said it!)

if i lived there i woulda skied it
I wouldn't. That patch is meant for setting up some park elements and jibbing. I wouldn't bother with that patch if I lived right next door.

bvibert

Staff member
I wouldn't. That patch is meant for setting up some park elements and jibbing. I wouldn't bother with that patch if I lived right next door.

If I lived right next door maybe, I'm about 30-40 minute away though and you won't find me there. I haven't checked this year, but in the past they charged a pretty penny for the privilege to ski that patch...

Sill, kudos to Rod for getting open!