• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Rd @ UnderHill state Park

Huck_It_Baby

I drove up to Underhill yesterday to scope some of the CCC trails and where to start skinning. I didn't have a ton of time and it was pouring so my mission got cut short.

The road had a closed gate up at a certain point. Does anyone know if this is always locked?

Also in the winter is the road plowed or do you have to park your car waaaaaay down the road and skin up before ascending any trails?

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
The road is plowed into the park, but not much further than that. You park there and skin up the road some distance before hitting the other trails. Don't know when the gate is locked but I suspect it won't be open again this season.

Huck_It_Baby

The road is plowed into the park, but not much further than that. You park there and skin up the road some distance before hitting the other trails. Don't know when the gate is locked but I suspect it won't be open again this season.

Thanks for the input! Are you familiar with a trail called "Sugar brook" by any chance. I saw it up there but don't see it on my topo map.

Snowmonster- You know exactly what I'm up to! gonna go back again this week and explore further. Lots of good stuff back there to be hit!