• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Adding Value

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm getting a bit tired of lurker skim off our knowledge and deals info with no contribution on their part. It sure would be nice if we could restrict the viewing of certain messages (i.e., deals) to users who have 150+ posts. That is, they contribute something in return for all this good stuff they get for free.

Cannonball

I'm getting a bit tired of lurker skim off our knowledge and deals info with no contribution on their part. It sure would be nice if we could restrict the viewing of certain messages (i.e., deals) to users who have 150+ posts. That is, they contribute something in return for all this good stuff they get for free.

Very easy to solve. If you don't want to share with everyone just set up a PM distribution list for the people you prefer to share with. Use PM instead of open posts.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I hear what you are saying Billski but it is a forum and like most we have about a 10:1 ratio of unregistered viewers to registered members. I could create a private forum like I did for the AZ Summit but part of the benefit of a forum is making knowledge available even outside of the registered users. Do you think these deals are somehow getting "used up" ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

You mean like when someone keeps posting in a legalized forums a lot like who could that be lol.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
PS, 150 posts is a lot, i mean maybe not to all the crazy posters here :lol: but out of our 4500+ members I think only about 1800 or so have > 5 posts. A lot of people register just to drop ads that show up if you aren't registered or to get in on some giveaway or something. That's why I typically weight things like tenure, post count, etc when it comes to giveaways.