• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Range Forecast

BenedictGomez

Sucks!

as yesterday's nuisance snow has moved out, look for temperatures to moderate for a couple days this week, before rain moves in on thursday. after that, more colder weather will move in on friday as we enter the beginning of february. Right now however, it looks to be a mainly cold and dry pattern. if you're hoping for east coast snowstorms, they look to be non-existent for at least the next 10-14 days.

BenedictGomez

Still a good 6 days out, but some models want to place a decent snowstorm from MD to ME this weekend, Saturday to Sunday.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yup, it's been awesome snow, IMMEDIATELY followed by crappy weather. At least down here in MA. Things are certainly faring better up North, heard the loaf got another 5" in the last day. I'm sure they are having great coverage at this point.

BenedictGomez

Seven days out is too soon to start posting pictures, but the Euro wants to develop a fairly impressive EC snowstorm around March 18th/19th so I figure it might be useful to just give a heads up here in the Long Range thread.

It's been several runs in a row now = good sign. The important thing this far out isnt the exact track or the model's snowfall depiction, just the fact that it's still there and doesn't disappear all of a sudden. Fingers crossed.

dmw

Seven days out is too soon to start posting pictures, but the Euro wants to develop a fairly impressive EC snowstorm around March 18th/19th so I figure it might be useful to just give a heads up here in the Long Range thread.

It's been several runs in a row now = good sign. The important thing this far out isnt the exact track or the model's snowfall depiction, just the fact that it's still there and doesn't disappear all of a sudden. Fingers crossed.

I have my calendar marked with something I think I found in one of these threads that the Farmer's Almanac had a major storm projected for around 3/20. Whatever the source was also had a major storm around 2/12 - Nemo was 2/8-9, so it was pretty close.

BenedictGomez

Today's afternoon Euro maintained a big east coast storm 3/18-20. That's about 4 or 5 in a row I believe. Think Snow!

BenedictGomez

Interesting graphic - seems to confirm that this year has been a very normal winter from the perspective of snowfall total for most of the nation.

57779852561672081525210.jpg

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
But at this time of year, the issue isn't necessarily getting it to be cold, but getting that cold to mesh with the moisture. Spring storms tend to suck up the warmth from the south.

2knees

I am probably in the minority, but i WANT warmer weather. spring skiing is by far my favorite time of year and so far, it hasnt happened. And apparently this pattern shows no signs of breaking down anytime soon.

Huck_It_Baby

I am probably in the minority, but i WANT warmer weather. spring skiing is by far my favorite time of year and so far, it hasnt happened. And apparently this pattern shows no signs of breaking down anytime soon.

You're killing me!

Another storm just means a better spring snow pack. Be happy!

ScottySkis

Yes you are, we had a late start to winter again, so I be happy as long as it last for.:thumbup:

2knees

You're killing me!

Another storm just means a better spring snow pack. Be happy!

I'll take the snow, don't get me wrong. Just wish it would warm up a little more when it isn't snowing. especially down here. we have a sick bump course 30 minutes from my house except it's bullet proof.