• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any yogis out there?

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I picked up hot yoga about 3 months ago and have been addicted. I seriously surprised myself because I think the first time I tried Tony's P90 Yoga I turned it off before 3 minutes had gone by. I now regularly attend classes about 4 times a week and am very surprised by the work out I get, plus noticing the improvement in my practice. I think this is something I will continue to keep in my exercise routine for years to come. Anyone else ever get into yoga? I think it will really be beneficial this winter for both strengthening and stretching. One of my girlfriends played this video for me the other day.... this is seriously impressive....

TheBEast

That women is seriously jacked....Dabbled in yoga, awesome for balance and focus, wish I could get motivated to do more.

Puck it

No yogi's but pleant y of Boo-boo's

boo-boo-01.gif

darent

do it with a group of people, mostly women, wife twisted my arm , she was shocked to find out one of the gals in the class took classes with me in the 70's

Edd

I've done a basic 20 minute workout for years off and on but I've been pretty diligent for the past year.

Flexibility is youth. The benefits to core strength and balance are noticeable too. I'm a believer.

Grassi21

That is some seriously advanced yoga. Those arm balances are probably the hardest aspect of yoga in my opinion. I used to practice multiple times a week for years. I am a very infrequent practitioner these day. The aspects I do practice on a daily basis are the moral/ethical teachings along with some of the pranayama (breathing exercises). In the spring I make my HS lacrosse team do some basic routines at the end of practice or the day before a game. The breathing exercises help to slow down and focus a HS lax players mind.

PS - And so that I can prove that I deserve my man-card ;-) ... yoga pants rule!

Grassi21

:lol: certainly not. But my wife is going to wonder why I keep getting her yoga pants as presents sooner or later.