• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

justjen

Just got on forum for first time in months, and I'm psyched to see the Summit is in Feb. Been preoccupied, as I just had twins 5 weeks ago. Don't expect to get much skiing in this year (which means it will be a season for the ages), but I hope to make it to the 'Loaf with y'all! Will call re reservations tomorrow.

Had a blast at my first Summit last year. Newbies, you will love it!

jejeskier

Can't wait! Going with other family members. Been to The Loaf a few times but never had great conditions. Hoping this will be the year!!!

s-rod

This is gonna be awesome! Looking forward to another epic AlpineZone weekend at the Loaf!

soozilah

ready to order my new skis just in time for this trip. i'm an intermediate skier so anyone who prefers the blue runs i'd love some company!

bdfreetuna

Wow that's a helluva package deal. Would be great to meet many of you folks and finally ski the Loaf.

When is the deadline for registration? I am unable to plan things too far in advance at the moment but could probably know for sure in a couple weeks.

wa-loaf

Wow that's a helluva package deal. Would be great to meet many of you folks and finally ski the Loaf.

When is the deadline for registration? I am unable to plan things too far in advance at the moment but could probably know for sure in a couple weeks.

There's usually a few people looking to fill up a Condo close to the end or see if you can get 3 more buds to get together on it with you.

BenedictGomez

I'd really love to go to this, but cant justify the nearly $200 roundtrip gas (it kindof eats away substantially at the entire AlpineZone savings). Is there by any chance a caravan departing from the central New Jersey or Manhattan region?

If not, I shall await the day AZ has a meetup at Plattekill (wet dream), Whiteface (dream) or Jay Peak (uber-dream world).

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd really love to go to this, but cant justify the nearly $200 roundtrip gas (it kindof eats away substantially at the entire AlpineZone savings). Is there by any chance a caravan departing from the central New Jersey or Manhattan region?

If not, I shall await the day AZ has a meetup at Plattekill (wet dream), Whiteface (dream) or Jay Peak (uber-dream world).

The only downfall to the Summit being at Sugarloaf is that it's definitely a haul for those not in the Boston area. Heck, it's even a haul from Boston by many people's standards.

That said, it's really the perfect set up for such an event due to it's village. It's pretty sweet to just get there and park the car for the weekend and have everything be in walking distance from your lodging. Pretty good entertainment and dining options at night as well.

While not a "Summit" so to speak, many other ski areas have had AZ meet ups in the past with 10 or more members planning a get together.

I'd be down for a Whiteface AZ meet up, but I'm not sure what kind of group deal would be possible given the mountain doesn't have lodging. I'm sure some Lake Placid lodging properties have ski and stay packages, but being a separate business from the ski area, I doubt any of them could be so aggressive with offering a great value as Sugarloaf has for now 4 years in a row.

Jay might be a great option for a Summit someday. Though Jay is still quite a hall from the NYC area, though the non-skiing set up isn't as good as Sugarloaf. Really the only place I can think of within easy reach of Manhattan that has a similar set up to Sugarloaf is Stratton. Unfortunately, Stratton doesn't offer the ski experience that many AZ members would be looking for.

Anyways, hope you find a way to make it. It's a great weekend and Sugarloaf is one of the most amazing mountains in the East. It's an eastern skiing experience folks from NY/NJ really should seek out at least every few years.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
If someone is thinking about not coming to the Summit b/c they are from NY or have some distance to drive, send me a PM, I might be able to offer you something.

mlkrgr

+1 for running it at Jay. Even if you go with them or Sunday River, there's buses that run to these resorts all the time (especially Sunday River). Even though I am from the Boston area, Sugarloaf is out of the question for me. I would be much more likely to go if it would be at Sunday River or Jay. Sunday River tickets and lodging is a little bit more expensive, but worthwhile for the larger crowd and more energy you'd bring to the event; and for those who only want to come up for the day, that's an option too via BSSC, Nacski, etc.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm lazy and don't want to comb through a few hundred posts, so I'll ask my question here.

For someone to get the AlpineZone First Tracks and Apres specials, does only one person in the group need to be registered, or everybody in the group?

If I come up with my wife, and we're splitting a hotel room, does she need to "register" and post in the thread?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm lazy and don't want to comb through a few hundred posts, so I'll ask my question here.

For someone to get the AlpineZone First Tracks and Apres specials, does only one person in the group need to be registered, or everybody in the group?

If I come up with my wife, and we're splitting a hotel room, does she need to "register" and post in the thread?

Yes ... the apres and first tracks tickets are generated from the official roster list. One exception is kids who can't setup an online acct.