"This Car Climbed Mount Washington" - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.
    Yeah, that is always weird. On the other hand. Grabbing a burger in the middle of a multi-day hike is pretty sweet!

Does having this sticker on your car affect it's resale value?

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.
    That is so true ....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

My plan next year is to not be a chubby tourists, but get up their some how.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..

I need to find something like that for my dad. 60 years old and he still does Tuck's at least once a year. Badass old man

My first experience on Washington was on my AT thru hike. It was mid July. It sleeted on way up from Lakes Hut. You couldn't see cairn to cairn, wind 56 gusting 72. Despite the 4 inches of visibility it was jammed packed. I was shocked. Many of the people had $0500 worth of Clothing $400 GT Jackets and $200 boots etc to drive up.

About 20 years ago I had one of those stickers on my Subie that I spliced together with a "Born To Ski Wildcat" sticker, so it read
    Born To Ski
    Mt Washington

he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

ski Mt Washington! Around the summit or the ravines?
    Wind to a sailor is what money is to life on shore.

I remember my one (and only) time klimbing Mt. Washington. It was a nice hike, full of great views and people, and fresh mountain air.... until..... We got to the top. At the top, we are making the final push, sucking big wind, and here comes the coal burner fouling the air. I know many like the romantic appeal of this hugely polluting vehicle, but switch them all over to the bio diesel. Please. When we went to get our obligatory peak picture, there was a huge line of people from the bus getting their pictures. Did I mention how many people were smoking? And the people at the sign would just stand there for a couple minutes. It would have taken over a half hour waiting in line to get our picture. I felt like saying move aside, we earned this picture, you guys sat on your butt. Personally, I liked Jefferson and Eisenhower hikes much better anyways. Washington was not exactly the wilderness experience I look for. It was okay, overall, but I likely won't be back.

Sorry if I sound like a hater, but this is one of the few places in the Whites where the big memories are not what I felt they should be.

Never mind the car, I klimbed Mt. Washington.
    Last edited by uphillklimber; Jan 4, 2013 at 5:40 AM. Reason: Forgot the final phrase.
    lovin life,

Bob

Tucks is the best, loved the shout out in last years Miller film.

Thread Information