• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"This Car Climbed Mount Washington"

abovetreeline

It's comes free with admission. Chubby tourists like FREE.

With most drivers not knowing their automatic transmission can be shifted into other gears besides "D", I'd say it means the brake pads and rotors are toasted.

The brake pads are definitely shot with all those fats kids in the car!

timm

Definitely is surreal -- even if you are doing hut to hut you still feel somewhat out on an island and away from civilization. Then you pop out on the top of the tallest, nastiest mountain around and find yourself in a cafeteria.

Cheese

Definitely is surreal -- even if you are doing hut to hut you still feel somewhat out on an island and away from civilization. Then you pop out on the top of the tallest, nastiest mountain around and find yourself in a cafeteria.

Which only accepts cash so you might have to pull another round trip if you only brought plastic.

Cornhead

You can't have one if you didn't climb the whole thing ...
I climbed down from the Summit to the Snowfields and back the day before, any credit there? Climbing to Tucks and back with 40lbs strapped to my back was the most strenuous thing I've done in a long time, I'm used to carrying the 40lbs in front of me, around my belly.:razz: Guess I was well balanced that day.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I climbed down from the Summit to the Snowfields and back the day before, any credit there? Climbing to Tucks and back with 40lbs strapped to my back was the most strenuous thing I've done in a long time, I'm used to carrying the 40lbs in front of me, around my belly.:razz: Guess I was well balanced that day.

Try it with 80. LOL

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Cornhead

Try it with 80. LOL

I did, 40 belly + 40 pack = 80, seriously, kudos, 40 was more than enough for me. I've hiked alot, but not with a load. When I got back to the parking lot at Pinkham, I took my contacts out and started my drive to my camp at Dolly Copp. My eyes were burning so bad, I couldn't drive, I had to pull over and rest for a half hour before I could, I was spent.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Top of George in the Winter is a great place to be. I've been there in the summer too. I've done the auto road to slack the snowfields. Nothing wrong with the auto road, nothing wrong with the summit, but it is a better place to visit in the winter when using self propulsion to get there.

bigbog

Top of George in the Winter is a great place to be. I've been there in the summer too. I've done the auto road to slack the snowfields. Nothing wrong with the auto road, nothing wrong with the summit, but it is a better place to visit in the winter when using self propulsion to get there.

AND Andyzee's Atomic..??? is the shizzz for NewEngland(small TR!)even from just looking at your beautiful late winter/early spring pic....know what it looked like but forgot model-name! Just great pics...I love that time of year.

octopus

I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..

nice. i slapped my car sticker on my board, just because. i'll tell you one thing, driving up that road with a standard trans behind
dipshits in minivans stopping on the steepest dirt sections gets a little interesting