• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Turns in Boston!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I got out this morning as well on my backcountry XC setup. We got about 6" of heavy wet snow. Felt great to be sliding on two sticks again!!!

8167095927_86b63e621c_z.jpg

8167096537_ed08360ea3_z.jpg

dmw

I went out with an old beater snowboard to a sloped parking lot and a few steep embankments around 10 last night... Silly but fun, had to get out in it!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352423846.855321.jpg

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Welcome aboard, Fiddletildeath. Anyone that skis and is into the bluegrass is someone I'd enjoy hanging out with!

Seeing that others were out there boarding/skiing in the thin cover somehow makes me feel less obsessive-compulsive. So thanks.:smile:

Just because we do it too, doesn't mean you (or us) are any less obsessive-compulsive. But, I have no qualms about my skiing addiction. :).

Ice Queen

Is that sidewalk a blue or black? Is it usually groomed? Any lodging nearby?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
People are dying and and you're skiing in two inches of oatmeal!!?? Oh the humanity!

*hey what happened to my all caps?*

Last edited:

fiddletildeath

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to a ridiculous season of awesomeness!

Ice Queen - given the conditions, the sidewalk was rated a double black. mandatory air off the sidewalk and sporadic shoveled driveways... however the lodging is luxurious, if you live here!

Ice Queen

Double black is probably out of my league for now, I think I'll try Okemo instead.