• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Wednesday, 12/13/2006

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to assume this will be the first Wednesday they will be open. I will be there! I expect my arrival to be around 7 pm. I'll take a few runs and head for the sun deck for the 8 pm top of the hour meet-up.

Grassi21

If my wife isn't traveling for business I will be able to make this one.

Grassi21

Update

I'm out for this one. Wifey is in Cali and I will be stuck with the dogs.

2knees

website says opening saturday. they are being realistic and not counting on snowmaking tonight but friday and friday night are forecasted to be really cold so..........

anyway, i hope to make this but i am definately going to be there sunday night for a few hours. i dont have much hope for nor'easter but turns are turns.

Greg

Staff member
anyway, i hope to make this but i am definately going to be there sunday night for a few hours. i dont have much hope for nor'easter but turns are turns.

I just might join you...

bvibert

Staff member
If they open Saturday I'll be there... Working...

Might try to make it for this Weds night...

Greg

Staff member
could you put that in bvibert like percentages for me?

like say 92.11235456217%

Depends if I get reports of bumps on Nor'easter. I may still go anyway - I'll let you know...

2knees

Depends if I get reports of bumps on Nor'easter. I may still go anyway - I'll let you know...

i'd be shocked. giddy as a schoolgirl, but shocked nonetheless.

no worries. there are plenty of wednesdays to meet up. Wife and kids are out of town sunday night so i might as well take advantage without using a "chip" that could better spent down the road.

loafer89

I am in for the 13th, though I cannot stay past 7:30-8:00pm as I will be with my son and he has school the next day.

Greg

Staff member
I am in for the 13th, though I cannot stay past 7:30-8:00pm as I will be with my son and he has school the next day.

Hope to get a run in with ya. I should be on skis around 7:15 pm.

loafer89

I should be able to stay until 8pm next week as we are not moving into our new house until the following weekend. It's only a 45 minute drive to Enfield, so it should not be a problem.

Any idea as to what will be opened by next week?

Greg

Staff member
Any idea as to what will be opened by next week?
They usually open with most of the mountain expect for Gunbarrel. There may also be some of the greens that wrap around the back that aren't open yet, but I don't usually pay attention to that terrain.

2knees

They usually open with most of the mountain expect for Gunbarrel. There may also be some of the greens that wrap around the back that aren't open yet, but I don't usually pay attention to that terrain.

dude, you havent lived until you've experienced the full fury of Toms Treat.

loafer89

NOAA is forecasting rain for the 13th, how lovely:uzi: :flame: :angry:

Next week looks warm and not good for snowmaking. I was in Skimart in South
Windsor last night getting replacement batteries for my foot warmers and it was apparent that they where suffering with this warm weather as the store was stocked full of clothing and gear with very few customers. Alot of the customers could be overheard complaining about the lack of snow/skiing.