• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Wednesday, 12/13/2006

2knees

NOAA is forecasting rain for the 13th, how lovely:uzi: :flame: :angry:

Next week looks warm and not good for snowmaking. I was in Skimart in South
Windsor last night getting replacement batteries for my foot warmers and it was apparent that they where suffering with this warm weather as the store was stocked full of clothing and gear with very few customers. Alot of the customers could be overheard complaining about the lack of snow/skiing.

yes see so i give you Sunday Sunday Sunday as an option. hell i'll just start a new thread.

loafer89

yes see so i give you Sunday Sunday Sunday as an option. hell i'll just start a new thread.

Normally I would, but my son and I are heading up to Mount Snowless on saturday to ski on 9 trails with 9000 people on them.

If it is possible, I might be there for sunday if I am not too tired.

bvibert

Staff member
I might be there for this, unfortunately it might be because I'm working.... :roll:

loafer89

I will probably be out on tuesday as the 13th looks good for skiing if you are a duck with rain in the forecast (no thank you) and tomorrow will be warm.

Greg

Staff member
I'll most likely be there if it isn't raining.

loafer89

My son and I have our gear ready for our first ski day from work. Since wednesday looks soggy with 0.25 - 0.50" of rain in the forecast, we decided to ski tuesday night.

We plan on skiing from 4-7pm and getting some practice for Warren and his longer ski's

loafer89

Could you please let me know where to look for you. I will be wearing a red, white and blue spyder suit and should not be hard to spot.

bvibert

Staff member
If I'm working I'll be at one of the lifts, can't say for sure which one but there are only 2 open anyway. I'm usually at the bottom running the lift, but I could be doing anything. I may not end up having to work at all in which case I'll be out on the hill. I won't get there till about 5 or so. If I'm skiing I'll be wearing a dark blue and black jacket, black pants, black helmet, and orange framed goggles w/ clear lenses. If I'm working I'll either be wearing the same jacket or a Sundown uniform one. If I see you I'll introduce myself.

loafer89

Wednesday night may be dry if the latest NOAA forecast holds true which is for a quick hitting rain leaving the area by late afternoon tomorrow.

If the weather and snow hold up, I might try to be there again tomorrow.

Still no sign of prolonged cold weather through next week :-?

Greg

Staff member
Wednesday night may be dry if the latest NOAA forecast holds true which is for a quick hitting rain leaving the area by late afternoon tomorrow.

If the weather and snow hold up, I might try to be there again tomorrow.
I'm kinda torn about going. I know I really should for no other reason that to get some miles in, but I don't have a lot of hope for an exciting surface to ski on tomorrow night. If the rain blows out of here in the afternoon, I may go for a few hours. I'll watch the radar tomorrow and decide in the pm.

bvibert

Staff member
The snow was excellent tonight, can't say how it'll be after some rain tomorrow... :(