• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown (night): Wednesday, 12/20/2006

Greg

Staff member
I should be there.

Greg

Staff member
Still up in the air about tonight, but I'll be there next week.

Greg

Staff member
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was not expecting that to happen, but the cover at the bottom of Exhibition was getting really thin last night.

I was amazed they were able to cover that base area with as much snow as they did. The coverage overall was impressive - several feet in spots. They made a lot of snow with a pretty small and inconsistent snowmaking window. I can't wait to see what they can do once it stays below freezing for a few days in a row.

loafer89

I wonder what the skiing would be like if Sundown was open tonight as there are some pockets of thick fog around and it is rediculously warm outside (53F) right now.

I am going to closing on friday, but I plan to meet up for the 20th. We should be able to ski on some fresh manmade pow by then.

bvibert

Staff member
Any idea how the mountain is holding up for the get together ?

They're closed tonight through Tuesday. The last I heard was that they are planning on being able to blow snow starting Tuesday night through the foreseeable future. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and they'll be able to freshen things up for our Wednesday night gathering...

Greg

Staff member
Still planning on it.

Greg

Staff member
7:30 pm at the sun deck?