• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown

amyblin

pooor powder ridge...when is someone going to take that mountain over and re-open?!

Madroch

I think- SD on twitter said the current plan is 12/22- so it will be wagons north for me this weekend.

amyblin

Oh wow just read Powder Ridge will still still have the same name! But they are opening with mountain bike trails first....but still an exciting blast from the past.

bvibert

Staff member
just saw the Sundown commercial on TV, hoping for an opening soon.

No official opening planned yet, but I've heard the 21st or 22nd are what they're shooting for. We need to see how this nasty weather forecast for early next week plays out. I was there last night to sample some new beer and bar food, the mountain had a nice white coating from the previous two nights of snowmaking. The guns were planned to go back on last night and tonight, with some hope of more time over the weekend too.

planb420

I saw some of that NASTY R-WORD in the forecast, but also some GLORIOUS SNOW..Hopefully the snow will prevail! come on 21st opening:)