• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown

Madroch

Wet bulb was fine last night... Again tonight... Inquiring minds want to know...Guns on?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I thought the daytime temps didn't look too good this week though. Heck, (granted it's quite a way's off) wunderground.com is calling for 50s next Sunday.

Madroch

Cloud cover is an issue now- ill admit it- temps hovering or even Rising a tick..

gmcunni

heard mohawk is making snow, sundown can't be far behind.

what's the deal with RFID this year? everybody? nobody? same as last year?

powhunter

I thought the daytime temps didn't look too good this week though. Heck, (granted it's quite a way's off) wunderground.com is calling for 50s next Sunday.

If they blow snow all week...Sunday could mean some fine ass spring moguls :cool:

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Spring skiing and snowboarding in fall.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Spring skiing and snowboarding in fall.
Except there's usually a base when you get to spring to support spring skiing. No snow on the ground yet--it isn't even frozen. Not so easy to keep blown snow when the temps are still high during the day. 45 today, for example. We're expecting snow tomorrow, but they're only calling for a dusting to 2 inches. That won't cut it.

Madroch

Well, if they waited for round the clock below freezing, they wouldn't haven opened at all last year, and likewise, if they didn't blow with a warm up on the horizon, they again would not have opened last year. Probably combination of (1)- it is still november, (2) cold underperforming this week so far, even at night, and (3) torch likely next week- add 1, 2 and 3 = good business decision bad skiing decision.

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
It is not cold enough yet. I had 28.5 for a low Saturday night. Sunday night we had a quick drop to 25 then the clouds moved in and the temperature shot back up to 32.4.
Our local weather people were calling for low 20’s this past weekend, our weather service (New England Weather Associates) said they were wrong, good call NEWA. Right now NOAA is calling for a favorable forecast for mid week. However, NEWA is saying not so much.
We will have to wait and see. In any event we are ready when the time is right.

gmcunni

stop bringing logic and science into a discussion fueled by passion :smash:

i'm out for weekend of 12/15 so if you can't open by the 8th it is OK with me to wait until 22nd.

Madroch

Thanks Chris-- and you can open anytime you are ready, or even before, we all have rock skis and and a sense of adventure-- Gary's schedule notwithstanding....

planb420

I'm.........NOT.........GONNA........MAKE IT!!!!! So tempted to ride that A-cup sized hill they call Woodbury to get some snow fix......so far 1 day at Ktown with a grand total of 13 miles on snow is NOT GONNA CUT IT. Hopefully the snow comes soon, or cold temps...JUST SOMETHING OTHER THAN RAIN!:angry:

powhunter

Sundays Hartford Courant Had an artticle and a picture saying Sundown was open LOL...Wonder how many people drove up there yesterday..

Steveo

ScottySkis

I'm.........NOT.........GONNA........MAKE IT!!!!! So tempted to ride that A-cup sized hill they call Woodbury to get some snow fix......so far 1 day at Ktown with a grand total of 13 miles on snow is NOT GONNA CUT IT. Hopefully the snow comes soon, or cold temps...JUST SOMETHING OTHER THAN RAIN!:angry:

North Vermont areas have the most open this season fyi.

gmcunni

Sundays Hartford Courant Had an artticle and a picture saying Sundown was open LOL...Wonder how many people drove up there yesterday..

Steveo

i doubt she read it but my daughter came downstairs yesterday around 11:30 AM and said "i'm bored, can we go skiing at ski sundown?"