• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Car back window deforster stopped.working!

ScottySkis

Yesterday I find out know time to fix it before I get to drive through 4 inches of snow when ever I get to the bus station, maybe I should buy a portable hair dryer and stick it by back window. Anyone ever do that?

Puck it

Yesterday I find out know time to fix it before I get to drive through 4 inches of snow when ever I get to the bus station, maybe I should buy a portable hair dryer and stick it by back window. Anyone ever do that?

Huh. Translate. Never mind. Probably a break. It can be repaired with conductive paint at auto parts store. Did u check fuse?

ScottySkis

Huh. Translate. Never mind. Probably a break. It can be repaired with conductive paint at auto parts store. Did u check fuse?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
No time I found out last night at 9 pm and have to leave for work at 6 am, it be an interesting ride home tonight.

bvibert

Staff member
Just don't look out the rear window, problem solved.

If you're getting nothing at all then the switch may be bad...

ScottySkis

Just don't look out the rear window, problem solved.

If you're getting nothing at all then the switch may be bad...

Ya switch just all sudden stopped working, I figured I take the local 17m home and skip the highway 17 with trucks throwing snow on the window. At least its only 16 mile drive.

ScottySkis

My back window is made of plastic. Rear window defrosters are for sissies! :p

Your right I normally don't care but my window normally are bad with fog and got several inches of snow to drive with, will find out in few minutes.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Your right I normally don't care but my window normally are bad with fog and got several inches of snow to drive with, will find out in few minutes.
I'm absolutely serious about the plastic window. I'm driving a Geo Metro Convertible right now and it's one of those verts that has a plastic window instead of glass. Can't even scrape the ice off it. You'll manage. Good luck! :D

ScottySkis

I'm absolutely serious about the plastic window. I'm driving a Geo Metro Convertible right now and it's one of those verts that has a plastic window instead of glass. Can't even scrape the ice off it. You'll manage. Good luck! :D

Thank you, can't imagine driving with plastic windows.

ctenidae

Why not just scrape the snow off your rear window, and leave it at that? Unless you're stopped in traffic, you don't really accumulate snow on the back, anyway. If you do, just drive faster.