• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Challenge 2012: Geoff Hatheway of Magic Mountain

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Geoff Hatheway, Marketing Director at Magic Mountain, has agreed to participate in the 2012 AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge!

The AlpineZone Challenge is your chance to offer up questions, suggestions or praise to the people who run the mountains in the northeast. For more information on the challenge itself, please see the stickied post at the top of the forum.

We will pick ten of the questions asked here and submit them for review and response, and post them in the Challenge area when complete!

Caveats: we may edit/change your question for grammar, tone, or something similar. Questions may be merged. If we don't get to all the questions, we will encourage followup from the representatives, but no promises.

Please be respectful as well to those answering questions - please refrain from asking specifics about skier visit numbers, financials, demographic information, etc. as these may be confidential to the mountain.

Magic Mountain Profile

2004 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2006 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2007 AlpineZone Challenge Results
2011 AlpineZone Challenge Results

xwhaler

Couple questions:
1) Any plans to serve food upstairs in the bar before 2pm? I'm not sure if you are staffed full enough to offer this but a stop in for a beer and burger would be great.
I do realize the bar is cool with bringing food from the caf up to the bar and ordering a cold one but just wondering if the normal pub menu may be offered a bit earlier this yr?

2) Do you think Upper Wizard to Talisman or Lowr Wizard may be open sooner than last yr? It would be great to get the Trick--> Showoff and one of the West Side routes open early.

Thanks for all your hard work...mountain is gonna be great in 2013!

jrmagic

The original plan called for raising approximately $3M. With the LLC now off the ground, will there be another traunch of shares offered anytime soon to bring Magic closer to its goal or has this been shelved for the forseeable future?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
How are the recent issues with with the Red Line impacting the operation of Magic Mountain and are there any potential longer term effects?

I skied Magic for the first time this year and when skiing the west side was approached by a patroller asking to clip a ticket. He ended up letting me go but my understanding was that this wasn't common practice, was that just a one-off?

Any plans for the cafeteria on the first floor of the lodge? I was only there the 2nd day of the season but it was fairly disorganized.

Other than these minor qualms, I had an amazing experience at Magic and can't wait to get back!