• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ouch!

2knees

so sb, mt snow and now killington have all closed up again. Not that anyone, well, not that many people would want to ski today anyway. Killingtons website says maybe saturday but that seems iffy given the current situation. This is the end of the bad. The good must start soon.

Kerovick

I can't take another day of this weather!!!I better feel some cold air soon or I am going to freak.

I have already offically freaked out. Damn it there better be snow at WF next sunday!

Kero

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to "Unexpected weekend closings" or something to give people warning before they go up. Just a suggestion.

Greg

Staff member
Hunter hasn't specifically said they won't be open tomorrow, but this reads that way to me:

We are CLOSED until sometime this weekend. Snowmaking will resume Friday night, and we'll try to re-open this weekend with limited terrain. Available terrain will depend upon snowmaking conditions on Friday and Saturday nights.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Killington has said in KZone that they will not open tomorrow. Bolton and Stowe are closed.

Okemo is open.

Greg

Staff member
Check the website now...closed until AT LEAST Sunday.
Well, their blog says that. The conditions report hasn't been updated yet. I actually think they're doing a great job with their blog. More ski areas should have a dynamic method of keeping folks updated like that. Next week looks good for snowmaking. What is Hunter's normal plan of attack? At which point will they normally make snow on Claire's Way? That would be a nice option to have for the 15th...

JimG.

Staff member
Well, their blog says that. The conditions report hasn't been updated yet. I actually think they're doing a great job with their blog. More ski areas should have a dynamic method of keeping folks updated like that. Next week looks good for snowmaking. What is Hunter's normal plan of attack? At which point will they normally make snow on Claire's Way? That would be a nice option to have for the 15th...

Take a valium dude.

The announcement is right on the homepage of the website:

http://www.huntermtn.com/

They're basically starting from scratch. They'll open HBK, then Belt, then beginner and intermediate terrain around C and B lift. Then Eisenhower, Racers, Bleeker, etc. That's the usual pattern.

Unless it stays cold from now until the 15th, don't get your hopes up for Claire's.

rob56789

Windham is closed now also but they say they should have a couple trails open on sunday but this weather is killing me here i strapped into my skis and was walking around on the carpet lol