• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke's Opening Day: Saturday, December 9th

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, I'm getting sick of looking at my Burke pass and ready to take some turns. I was there on closing day, so, assuming they open next Saturday, I'm there. Not sure if I will make the 8am opening. May try for it....especially if we are skiing the usual suspects (Willoughby, Warren's, Lower Bear Den, Lower Mountain).

Anyone want to take a few runs? Will probably leave at 12 noon or so.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Yea I just got the Burke email:

We will be opening at 8am on Saturday with Lower Warren's Way open, serviced by the Mountain Poma lift and $10 lift tickets! So get your skis and boards ready and we'll see you out there!

I may go take a run or two to work out the rust. It is a little silly that they won't have a top to bottom run open :-( with optimum snowmaking weather for the majority of the week and a little natural snow thrown in. Maybe they are just being conservative.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Maybe a $30 trip to Jay is in the cards :idea:
i'll prob be at jay. they are reporting 6" today and have the pictures to prove it. looks like only the jet and haynes for next weekend unless they do more snow making than they are forecasted to do or get enough snow to open something on natural (very unlikely). on second thought, i don't have good history skiing with from_the_NEK on that particular weekend, so maybe you should just do burke ;) :lol:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
i'll prob be at jay. they are reporting 6" today and have the pictures to prove it. looks like only the jet and haynes for next weekend unless they do more snow making than they are forecasted to do or get enough snow to open something on natural (very unlikely). on second thought, i don't have good history skiing with from_the_NEK on that particular weekend, so maybe you should just do burke

There is definitely not enough snow in the woods to bother getting into trouble in there (so no Beaver Pond skiing this weekend at Jay :smash: :roll:

I'm going to keep my eye on the conditions to see where I end up going.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Taking a raincheck on this one, folks....

One trail and the Poma. It's not worth the drive for me.

Very, very soon though.