• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

jimk

Got some Abita Jockamo IPA from Louisiana for the walk I'm about to take from my office to attend an afternoon game at Washington Nationals Park against the LA Dodgers. Just need the rain delay to lift:snow:
jockamo.jpg

jimk

A little off topic, but follow up to my IPA on the way to the ballgame post...BEARDS seem to be real big with some pro jocks these days. Real big and real long.:-D
Here are a couple of photos I took at Nationals Park yesterday (Nats won). Sorry, a little blurry. I took them from left outfield seats.

Jayson Werth, great ball player. He started the beardski trend that many other Nationals have followed:
werth.jpg

Brian Wilson from Dodgers, one of the league's most famous beards. He grew up in MA/NH area:
wilson.jpg

PS: to get back on topic...a stinking Bud Light at the ballpark costs about the same as a 6 pack of Jockamo IPA.:smash:

Last edited:

drjeff

Diet Coke.

I wish I knew how to quit you...

Cold turkey! (With the help of a bet/challenge!)

A year ago, and for a decade plus prior to that, I was a 1 to 2+ liter a day drinker of diet Pepsi or Coke zero. My wife "bet" me that I couldn't give it up for a month. That was on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend last year. I haven't had a soda since!

Am I caffeine free? Hell no! I now drink a bunch of unsweetened iced tea and water or Vitamin Water Zero all day long. The only "carbonated" beverages I now have are beer and the occasional bit of tonic water to go with my gin! :)

It's easier than you might think if you make it through the first week!

Right now I'm drinking a Coronado Brewing Idiot Double IPA

zyk

Heady topper for the first time. Excellent example of the style but still prefer my local brews. Lost a bit of my taste for the bitterness. Must be getting old...

yeggous

I was NOT impressed with Rebel IPA...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

+1

We got a keg of it at my ski club and I was begging others to hurry up and drink it so we could get something else.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

twinplanx

+1

We got a keg of it at my ski club and I was begging others to hurry up and drink it so we could get something else.

I felt kinda bad for shunning Sam Adams recently and I thought I heard the Rebel IPA was good. Clearly I was misinformed. But I do think the Craft Beer revolution owes a nod to Sam's...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Sky

I'm not cruising all 58 pages to check...but has Sierra Nevada's Ruthless Rye been mentioned? I had some about a month ago. Had never seen it. Big fan of their Pale Ale and Celebration Ale (not too keen on the Torpedo). The Rye beer is tasty! I had other Rye beer from the Plymouth Rock micro (or from somewhere near the cape). Impressive.

As for Shandy...haven't tried the Naragansett. I prefer Leinenkugel's over the Shock Top...but not by much.

...and I really need to update this photo. It will put the "shock" in Shock Top. :>

Last edited:

drjeff

Tried one of these last night. Not bad. Nice and lemonadey up front (not too tart, not too sweet to my palate) but the lemon flavor tapers off quickly at the finish.

To my taste buds, it's better than Leinenkugels and Sam Adams Porch Rocker and Shocktop's offerings but not as good as Curious Travelers or Saranac's offering.

All I know is after talking with my local package store's owner about the Gansett-Del's Shandy is he can't keep the limited stock he gets from his supplier in stock for more than a day or 2! And he'd sold over 10 cases of it between his 2 stores since Tuesday!

Great job by Narragansett of marketing these 2 fairly prominent local Southeastern New England brands! :beer:

Rikka

Bud bottle at the 99 bar......