• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

soposkier

Keeping in classy on this wonderful evening

Attachments

• 1434756477439.jpg
    1434756477439.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 59

soposkier

A regular buy in my rotation, under $15 for a twelve pack can't be beat

Attachments

• 1435446615546.jpg
    1435446615546.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 34

jasdmd0

uploadfromtaptalk1435452497597.jpgcompletely my go to IPA right now that is readily available without having to travel large amounts of miles and/or stand in line for hours!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have to try it. Almost picked some up today, but I had grabbed a six on Ballast Point Bigeye and Firestone Walker Union Jack yesterday. I'll have to grab some of the Berner next weekend

dlague

Caption and diet! However the wife is having and extra dirty martini! Sitting by the fire waiting for the rain.

Attachments

• 1435453554959.jpg
    1435453554959.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 42

prsboogie

Last night I tried the Foley Bros Fair Maiden Imperial Pale Ale I picked up in Waterbury. Solid aromatic IPA. Would definitely get more if I get back up in the area

drjeff

Their F&B head has some very good friends in the beer world! (Seriously)

I got to enjoy a Heady tonight myself actually when I dropped my daughter off at one of our Mount Snow friends house so they can fly out to ski camp at Mount Hood in the AM. Didn't suck when after loading up all of the kids gear into my friends car, that he opened his beer fridge and grabbed a couple of cans of Heady! :beer:

drjeff

I have 10 left and I'm hoarding them HARD!!!

At least you seem to be one of the SANE people, unlike some folks on various online beer pages who seem to think its its bordering on the ultimate beer foul to drink a Heady more than say 2 weeks after it was canned! I fully appreciate the freshness of an IPA and that it DOES change it's flavors quicker than most any other style of beers, but I can say for 100% certainty that the Heady I had last night, which was canned in late February, tasted just as good as any other Heady I've ever had, including a number of which I consumed within a week of their canning.

Some of the Heady obsessed pictures/stories you see online are scary about how one can't be a "real" beer drinker unless they consume their Heady or other highly sought after IPA's and DIPA's in a short amount of time and/or the people who drive hours, then wait hours to get some Heady or Sip of Sunshine or Second Fiddle or Hill Farmstead offerings, and then post a picture of the back of their cars loaded with cases of these beers, the majority of which they don't plan on drinking themselves or share with their friends, but plan on trading for or worse yet, selling on the secondary craft beer markets, and then they'll also go off against anyone who is seemingly enjoying a "regular" beer, or even worse in their eyes, a mass produced beer!

In my eyes at least, a true beer lover can appreciate each and every beer for the simple fact that it's a beer! And not just because it was brewed by a certain brewery or bottled/canned on such and such a date! As much as I enjoy craft beers, and will seek out some limited release beers, I can also fully enjoy a beer than the craft beer snob might mock (not to stereotype, but say an ice cold Bud Light on a hot summer day after doing yard work for a while) as much as I can enjoy a can of Heady or Second Fiddle or Treehouse's Julius! :beer:

prsboogie

Couldn't agree with you more. I am a snob in the sense that I prefer IPA over any other style of beer and would rather drink a Wachusett Light IPA on a hot summer day over a Bud product but its simply a taste thing. I don't look down my nose at anyone holding a red or blue can, I might try to convert them but its what they like. Hell until 8 or 9 years ago I wouldn't drink anything but Miller Lite. Now it just doesn't have enough flavor for me, had two at TD Bank for the Rush concert and they were ok, good enough to quench a thirst!

It's like anything in life, there are those who will criticize others for not enjoying what those enjoy. Happens here all the time with ski area choices!!! 😜

deadheadskier

Staff member
Heady does stand up well. I've held them for 3-4 months and still found it fantastic.

My favorite NH IPA (Stoneface) does not. It is an amazing beer when fresh. A month old and it tastes like a Pale Ale. Still good, but not top quality nor worth the price when it's not fresh.