• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Server Upgrades

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi all,

Just a heads-up, I'm working on installing some PHP Accellerator scripts onto the server to help speed up the site more. This requires some configuration on the Linux box that I'm working with the host on. There *may* be issues, if you guys see anything bizarre, let me know.

Also; I'm hoping this addresses some of the other issues here like the inability for certain people to upload images.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i have the accellerator installed now. I just have to do some cleanup work. Links in the gallery dump back to the forum for some reason too. Hmmm.

I'm hoping these improvements update site speed by 30% or more.

mriceyman

i couldnt get on the forum for 15 minutes!!! im pisssssssed lol

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sorry guys, should be all working now. Let me know if you think the forum seems faster. It seems snappier to me.

bigbog

i hadn't really noticed any speed issues before this.

...Suspect Nick is getting bitten by the power user thang....NEVER fast enough!..LOL. Some fast stuff (HW/OS/SW) out there....$$$.

> Images from the home page are for some reason going to the forum instead of to the image.
> Lodging messed up
> Gear page messed up

..Picky, picky, picky....

bdfreetuna

I have output error:

Can not access the forum through normal (web) interface. Can apparently access through the Facebook app.

PHP output error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_2c7c1ed89f905f3d208fe25ee8aa70bc, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4513

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_2c7c1ed89f905f3d208fe25ee8aa70bc, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

when trying to load any forums.alpinezone.com/ page on Firefox. Cleared my cache and still.

I was able to get to the site by using Chromium.