• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Le Massif

Huck_It_Baby

Le Massif has been on my radar for a number of years but I have never bothered going to Quebec to ski. Now that I live closer to the boarder I think I might make a run up this season and check it out.

Has anyone ever gone? What was your on and off mountain experience like?

Do you need to know any French?

http://www.lemassif.com/fr

Puck it

Le Massif has been on my radar for a number of years but I have never bothered going to Quebec to ski. Now that I live closer to the boarder I think I might make a run up this season and check it out.

Just click the English buton at the top!!!!:beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
That 7.5K guided sledding experience looks really cool. Can't say I've seen that at a ski area before.

MadMadWorld

Le Massif is an awesome time! It helps to know some French but it's not a requirement. You can usually find ambassadors, hotel personel that speak english without any problem. If you have a smartphone, google translator is very handy when you are in a bind.

Huck_It_Baby

Le Massif is an awesome time! It helps to know some French but it's not a requirement. You can usually find ambassadors, hotel personel that speak english without any problem. If you have a smartphone, google translator is very handy when you are in a bind.

Thanks for chiming in! Did you hit the off piste area they have?

skifree

taking the train from quebec city to mountain looks very cool.

Huck_It_Baby

It really does! thinking about driving to Quebec and doing the train.

I love how you don't park at the base of the resort. I wonder of they have to keep the lifts spinning for long after closing AND if they have a problem with people getting stuck at the bottom trying to get one last run.

crank

I've been a couple of times. I think I posted a Trip Report hearer after last season's President's week trip. In fact, I am heading up to Quebec to ski Le Massif and Mont Ste Anne between Christmas and New Year's. I think I like Ste Anne a little bit better but both are really good mountains. The Off Piste at Ste Ann is not really Off Piste but is more just cut glades that are about a mile hike from the resort. The trees are too tight to just freelance and hope to find a decent way down...we were there about 3 days after the last snow and there were no tracks heading off the beaten paths - I kept a good eye out. Still it was worth doing it for the adventure and snow that is less tracked out than the in bounds glades.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
No to derail.. but Owl's Head is on my radar. That place looks super steep!
Owl's Head is a top ten northeast ski area for steep groomers. Great pitch off the main mountain quad.

Le Massif is on my list. I'm gonna check off Sutton and Orford first and then look into a Le Massif trip in the near future.

Huck_It_Baby

I've been a couple of times. I think I posted a Trip Report hearer after last season's President's week trip. In fact, I am heading up to Quebec to ski Le Massif and Mont Ste Anne between Christmas and New Year's. I think I like Ste Anne a little bit better but both are really good mountains. The Off Piste at Ste Ann is not really Off Piste but is more just cut glades that are about a mile hike from the resort. The trees are too tight to just freelance and hope to find a decent way down...we were there about 3 days after the last snow and there were no tracks heading off the beaten paths - I kept a good eye out. Still it was worth doing it for the adventure and snow that is less tracked out than the in bounds glades.

Thanks Crank. Good to know about the density of the trees at Ste Ann.

What was the terrain like once you hiked out?

crank

Thanks Crank. Good to know about the density of the trees at Ste Ann.

What was the terrain like once you hiked out?

Oops I meant to say the off piste area at Le Massif. Basically they were like average pitched glades similar to but much longer than beaver pond or Timbuckto at Jay. Read upper intermediate I guess. Le Massif has similar glades inbounds but they get more skier traffic. Ste Anne has a section of the mountain with a bunch of glades that range from quite steep to not so steep. Have done no off piste there other than their in bounds glades.

ADKme

33" in the last 48 hours at Le Massif. Could be a good time to head up there.