• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 12-21-12 map of rain and snow

ScottySkis

14569_400714193343252_53557415_n.jpg

meff

Just a reminder that the rain/snow showings on radar like this is mostly just guestimates by the computers.

4aprice

Gore suppossedly had 8" overnight. Looks like it turned to rain but the backside snows are coming in now. Major winds up in that area over the past 3 or so hours. Daughter delayed her trip home a little as several trees came down on campus and took out the traffic light at Castleton Corners. Heading up later tonight for sons race tomorrow.

Also checking the homestead web cams showing CBK took a beating last night, but the snow is flying at the summit this early afternoon. Hopefully the Mayan's were right and as of 11:12 this morning we are entering a new age (a snowy one I hope):snow:

BTW Happy Offical Winter everyone

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

thetrailboss

Staff member
That sucks. It seemed that every year we got a big r&*n storm right before Christmas in Vermont...

kingslug

Ah..but the rains have stopped and...temps are dropping fast...down 1o degrees so far here in hellhole NYC..so...snow making weather returns..its become sad that I now get excited when the guns are on...as I've given up on real snow here..

deadheadskier

Staff member

soulseller

50* when I left the house in Providence, 38* here in Sanbornton. Was planning on spending the morning at Ragged but maybe I'll check out Tenney.

tarponhead

snowed all day while I was at Bellearye today. Granted I was only there 8AM - 1PM but nice surprise all the same; 3" (first thing in AM, only 1" accumulation I think for the day) on top of crunchy groomed but fun never the less, better then what I was expecting. (Gawd, if my west coast cousin could hear me talking...)