• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain - 12/27/2012 Powder Day

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They are actually Crimson Ti's. I should do a full write up on them. I did look at Theorys but ended upw ith the Crimson's. Honestly, for the conditions that day, the Theory would have been a better ski I think. The atomics are better at hooking up on sketchy conditions, they are pretty stiff and also pretty heavy.

I'd have to ski on the theory to be sure, but I have heard excellent things about them, with one drawback being pure edge hold on icy conditions.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
When I was looking for new skis last year, the Theory was on my short list. I probably would've ended up going with them, but I followed Puck It's advice and got a pair of Palmers for a little less money. I was just curious what your impressions of the Theory were.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They are actually Crimson Ti's. I should do a full write up on them. I did look at Theorys but ended upw ith the Crimson's. Honestly, for the conditions that day, the Theory would have been a better ski I think. The atomics are better at hooking up on sketchy conditions, they are pretty stiff and also pretty heavy.

I'd have to ski on the theory to be sure, but I have heard excellent things about them, with one drawback being pure edge hold on icy conditions.
Actually, for 95mm underfoot, the Theory is incredible on hard pack. No mixed terrain ski of that size is going to slice through ice like a cheater or race ski. But it has made me into a one ski quiver kinda guy, no looking back. If anything, its natural snow and powder performance isn't quite as good as I had hoped. The rear twin suuuucks (would be incredible if it was flat) and at 1cm behind the rear most recommended mount, it is still mounted too far forward. The tails just piss me off, otherwise it is great. Still debating moving the mounting point further back, I just need to know what the minimum space is between holes as I don't want to over compensate the other way. But any ways, solid one ski quiver, does great in natural snow, still haven't given it a solid bump day but not ideal for bumps, superb on groomers.