Magic Mountain - 12/27/2012 Powder Day - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Some pics from the day:

First day on ole Red:
    url=http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/magic-mountain-12-27-12/p14685-dscn4603.html][/url]

Heavy dense shit:

dumping at times.....

[/url]

That is Nick. Unfortunately at that point in the day I couldn't see or stand straight, never mind hold a camera steady......
    Last edited by reefer; Jan 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM.

Re: Magic Mountain - 12/27/2012 Powder Day

Nice pics !!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I think if you should raise the camera angle slightly up it would enhance the viewers perspective. I just like to get a better idea of what is downhill.... Enjoyed your video none the less. The soundtrack definitely perked my interest. Love that effect on the guitar. Title & Artist please?
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Song is Con Bro Chill - Power Happy

Nice TR. I was up there solo Thursday as well. Probably saw you at some point. Awesome day.

Jsut saw the video Nick. that dy was spectacular. Not sure if you knew it but you captured OrangeGondola and Rusty Groomer in your vid. Hope you come back to see us.

@Rivercoil and others.... Several of us were talking to management about the clipped tickets.. (my nephew and cousin had theirs pulled along with a couple of friends).. it wasn't supposed to go down that way and there were apologies made. I know patrol would like to get to a place where the ropes need to be respected and management agrees as long as there is a liberal policy on what is open... its been a couepl of years in the works but apparantly still needs ALOT more ironing out.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post
    Jsut saw the video Nick. that dy was spectacular. Not sure if you knew it but you captured OrangeGondola and Rusty Groomer in your vid. Hope you come back to see us.
    Ah! I wish I coulda met you guys. Where in the vid are they?

From 1:30 to 1:50. OG is in blue and yellow and RG is inorange and gray.

^Aww man! I wish I woulda known!

Quote Originally Posted by jrmagic View Post

@Rivercoil and others.... Several of us were talking to management about the clipped tickets.. (my nephew and cousin had theirs pulled along with a couple of friends).. it wasn't supposed to go down that way and there were apologies made. I know patrol would like to get to a place where the ropes need to be respected and management agrees as long as there is a liberal policy on what is open... its been a couepl of years in the works but apparantly still needs ALOT more ironing out.
    Cool, good to hear that it is being re-evaluated. I think skiers respect ropes when the ski area respects the skier. Ski areas need to figure out that balance point. I thought Magic was always very liberal with rope dropping but it seems like the ropes were to preserve untracked snow for the weekend which just can't happen, any where, and especially not at Magic. Hopefully that won't happen again. I'd certainly be ducking if that happens when I am there. That is total disrespect for the customer... so no wonder the ropes got disrespected in return.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information