Loon, New Hampster, Monday 1/7/12

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loon, New Hampster, Monday 1/7/12

Today was a great day to do carving on scratch drills. Looks like the mountain was pretty beat up over the weekend. They had roughly 70 guns blasting away. Within 2 hours of skiing, most of the trails were getting pretty scrappy. Lots of customers skidding didn't help matters. There was nary a hint of moguls anywhere, save maybe a short run or two. I can tell you the Jamaican food on top was the highlight of the day.

Pretty much everything was scratchy, blues, greens blacks. It was still edgeable and there was still loose stuff, but you really had to look for it. No skiing with abandon today.

Over on the Camp 3 side, three trails really had guns blasting. The furthest one east had chopped ice, not death cookies, but it took a lot of work to keep control.

I was bummed that all the woods were roped off. Rather than ducking, I figured if the woods were anything like the trails, it would not be nice. Not always, but in this case I make exception.

Sunny, bluebird day, near 32, didn't take much to overheat. Mostly all collegians. While the upper parking lot was full, there was never a wait, save for a 5 min wait in the singles line of the gondo.
    Last edited by billski; Jan 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

A bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

^'Xactly
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Will be heading to Loon in March, will have to try out the Jamaican food!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Will be heading to Loon in March, will have to try out the Jamaican food!
    This is my fourth season eating there. Just as good every time. The couple comes up from Jamaica only in the winter to cook. You would never even know it was there. The sign outside is so generic.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    A bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work.
    Except the days they give out raises and bonuses which fund my winter fun!

sorry I didn't get a chance to do a TR -- I was there on sunday. No crowds really to speak of, but no real TR to write either I'd describe the conditions as 'fast'
    Todo: Cannon, *Wildcat*, *Black*, Pico, MRG, Magic.

11/12 [28]: Sunday River @dawn 2, Sugarloaf 5, Sugarbush 5, Saddleback, Mt Abram, Stowe, Loon 2, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Eldora, Burke,
    Sugarbush, Jay Peak 2, Smuggs, Killington

So what's happened to all of the frankensnow they have made, has it all become hard pack?

Re: Loon, New Hampster, Monday 1/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Except the days they give out raises and bonuses which fund my winter fun!

What is a raise and bonus, I got a decline in salary to save the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    What is a raise and bonus, I got a decline in salary to save the job.
    I received the same "benefits" as you over a five year period.

Thread Information