• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Torn ACL

Guyot

I didn't get a chance to read all of the posts, but from my experience I would say that she should stay off the skis for the season and concentrate more on the physical therapy. I've had the surgery three times and each time I had to take the season off. I had one surgery in early February and I didn't think of jumping on the skis until the following season. The other two were in June and August and I didn't want to risk setting myself back for a few spring turns. I would say she should work more on getting her full range of motion back and strengthening herself up for next season. If she's going to wait for the surgery, she should consider start the strengthening exercise pre-surgery so she has less work after the operation. Also, I used the center of the patella tendon for my first surgery and an alligraph(I'm not sure that's spelled correctly) for the second and third. I would say the alligraph is a little less painful.
Good luck in her recovery.

snowmonster

Sorry to hear about this, TB. I know she will mend well and be ready to ski in no time. Thoughts and prayers, as always!

This means that you have to have to get a season pass at Alta next year.=)

jaywbigred

Oh man that stinks. Here's hoping it is something less serious than an acl, or if it is, that it heals quick.