• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 1/5/13

rocojerry

8356909304_e811190e3d_o.jpg

foot o fresh, and grins ear to ear.

rocojerry

TR

With the tram and freezer on wind hold to start the day, we started stateside on Bonnie-- Powerline, first run (pictured above) it was very light, good foot of snow-- wind drifts larger in places and less in others. The rocks and trees underneath could still be heard/seen occasionally, so some caution was needed but then again so was some speed to keep afloat and on top. *Had to relearn my powder weight distribution again, and started to feel that rear quad burn after the first run... New board managed to escape without much damage.

Deliverance, timbuktu, some secret stashes all were pretty nice, as long as there was some untracked around to check the speed in--

Saw the tram doing a test run, and we started to head over there-- Everglades were a bit skid out by midday, but lower trail found myself in presumably a stream bed which formed a powder filled half pipe al naturale..

Got 2nd tram of the day before noon, green beret was fantastic. Steep, deep, and mostly untracked-- a recipe for success.

Made it over to the beaver pond a bit after the party, was more skid out than what we hit in the am... But I'm sure those that got in first overthere have some memories to hold onto for the off season..

Just another day at jay, don't go, it sucks.

Huck_It_Baby

I picked up Sloppy Seconds on Sunday and it was STILL awesome. Not so untracked on the trails but I was finding untouched in the trees every run. Lots of hidden nooks at Jay =)

rocojerry

I picked up Sloppy Seconds on Sunday and it was STILL awesome. Not so untracked on the trails but I was finding untouched in the trees every run. Lots of hidden nooks at Jay =)

That picture was first run, in the first round of chairs.... the video's i think were first three runs....
either way, awesome!

Maybe i'll take a stab at editing and digitally deepening the pow videos.