• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon, New Hampster, Monday 1/7/12

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Today was a great day to do carving on scratch drills. Looks like the mountain was pretty beat up over the weekend. They had roughly 70 guns blasting away. Within 2 hours of skiing, most of the trails were getting pretty scrappy. Lots of customers skidding didn't help matters. There was nary a hint of moguls anywhere, save maybe a short run or two. I can tell you the Jamaican food on top was the highlight of the day. :dontknow:

Pretty much everything was scratchy, blues, greens blacks. It was still edgeable and there was still loose stuff, but you really had to look for it. No skiing with abandon today.

Over on the Camp 3 side, three trails really had guns blasting. The furthest one east had chopped ice, not death cookies, but it took a lot of work to keep control.

I was bummed that all the woods were roped off. Rather than ducking, I figured if the woods were anything like the trails, it would not be nice. Not always, but in this case I make exception.

Sunny, bluebird day, near 32, didn't take much to overheat. Mostly all collegians. While the upper parking lot was full, there was never a wait, save for a 5 min wait in the singles line of the gondo.

Last edited:

rocojerry

sorry I didn't get a chance to do a TR -- I was there on sunday. No crowds really to speak of, but no real TR to write either :) I'd describe the conditions as 'fast' :)