• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak- lodging help?

KustyTheKlown

The Inn in Montgomery is lovely but expensive. The willoughvale inn in westmore near Lyndon is only $110 and is 45 minutes south of Jay and is also lovely. Jay is a tough nut to crack for cheap beds very close by.

MG Skier

Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast, Lowel VT 100. 17 Miles from Jay Peak. Haven't been in the last few years. Great Breakfast as long as you don't want first chair.

VTKilarney

The Inn in Montgomery is lovely but expensive. The willoughvale inn in westmore near Lyndon is only $110 and is 45 minutes south of Jay and is also lovely. Jay is a tough nut to crack for cheap beds very close by.

The Willoughvale Inn is a bit of a drive from Jay, but it's a great little secret in the winter. They used to close in the winter, and the area is a summer recreation area, so the rates in the winter are excellent for the quality of the lodging.

KustyTheKlown

Yeah, the innkeeper told me the kitchen was closed because it's off season, and that any food we ordered at the hotel comes frozen from another propert of theirs at Stowe, and recommended the Burke public house for dinner (and specifically told us not to go to the tamarack! lol. Everyone hates Q"

Was surprised to hear it was off season, with Burke and kingdom trails right there. This year I could see how business is down but in general I'd think they would be pretty flush in the winter.

luvinjaycloud

Looking to get up to Jay this Friday and need to find a decent inexpensive place to stay Thursday night. Love it if anyone has recommendations!
Thanks!

There is a restored B and B that advertises on Air B 'nB that is right across the street from the Big Jay tavern on 242. Pretty close to the resort and you have the tavern to walk to. Might be a little more expensive than Grunts but a step up in quality.

KustyTheKlown

Yeah grunts is really no place for a self respecting grown up, especially if you're with a wife or girlfriend. Was great when I was <25.

LONGBOARDR

Yeah grunts is really no place for a self respecting grown up, especially if you're with a wife or girlfriend. Was great when I was <25.

I recommend the Montgomery side.
support local little business
Sheady acres is great and Eamon is a great innkeeper, fun and CLEAN place to stay.
there is a rental too over the ski shop first traxx see Donnie or call
Grunts and the shoe are well... Grunts and the shoe
Belfry, Big Jay and Bernies are all good food choices

camberstick

Used to stay at the show shoe, lots of good memories. tried to go there last season, resembled a crack den in the room. hotel jay was reasonable with the 4 of us.

bdfreetuna

Just booked 2 nights at Hotel de l'Horizon in Sutton. Looks like a real nice funky place. Saturday Sutton, Sunday Jay.

After looking at the options I'd suggest looking across the border for Jay Peak lodging. Better prices and options. This place is about 40 minutes from Jay.