Jay Peak- lodging help? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Inn in Montgomery is lovely but expensive. The willoughvale inn in westmore near Lyndon is only $110 and is 45 minutes south of Jay and is also lovely. Jay is a tough nut to crack for cheap beds very close by.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    grandpa gumps and snow shoe still considered good options?

GG web site won't load on my pc, gets security alerts.
    You don't need the website, just call them.

Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast, Lowel VT 100. 17 Miles from Jay Peak. Haven't been in the last few years. Great Breakfast as long as you don't want first chair.
    Ski it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    The Inn in Montgomery is lovely but expensive. The willoughvale inn in westmore near Lyndon is only $110 and is 45 minutes south of Jay and is also lovely. Jay is a tough nut to crack for cheap beds very close by.
    The Willoughvale Inn is a bit of a drive from Jay, but it's a great little secret in the winter. They used to close in the winter, and the area is a summer recreation area, so the rates in the winter are excellent for the quality of the lodging.

Yeah, the innkeeper told me the kitchen was closed because it's off season, and that any food we ordered at the hotel comes frozen from another propert of theirs at Stowe, and recommended the Burke public house for dinner (and specifically told us not to go to the tamarack! lol. Everyone hates Q"

Was surprised to hear it was off season, with Burke and kingdom trails right there. This year I could see how business is down but in general I'd think they would be pretty flush in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L View Post
    Looking to get up to Jay this Friday and need to find a decent inexpensive place to stay Thursday night. Love it if anyone has recommendations!
    Thanks!
    There is a restored B and B that advertises on Air B 'nB that is right across the street from the Big Jay tavern on 242. Pretty close to the resort and you have the tavern to walk to. Might be a little more expensive than Grunts but a step up in quality.

Yeah grunts is really no place for a self respecting grown up, especially if you're with a wife or girlfriend. Was great when I was <25.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Yeah grunts is really no place for a self respecting grown up, especially if you're with a wife or girlfriend. Was great when I was <25.
    I recommend the Montgomery side.
    support local little business
    Sheady acres is great and Eamon is a great innkeeper, fun and CLEAN place to stay.
    there is a rental too over the ski shop first traxx see Donnie or call
    Grunts and the shoe are well... Grunts and the shoe
    Belfry, Big Jay and Bernies are all good food choices

Used to stay at the show shoe, lots of good memories. tried to go there last season, resembled a crack den in the room. hotel jay was reasonable with the 4 of us.

Grandpas is the best

Thread Information