• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic's awesome vistas

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Something that never gets talked about is what terrific views are seen from the trails at Magic. It would be pretty cool if someone would take some panoramic photos, stitch them together and put notations of what we are looking at. I know, you're all too busy skiing pow...then do it in the summer!

before computers
stock-photo-a-coin-operated-binocular-viewer-overlooking-a-vast-vista-15146464.jpg

aftah
panorama.jpg

jrmagic

Killington is also in view and on a really clear day looking NE you can see the Presidentials. Aside from the other ski areas you can see, I love the view of Lowell Lake and the valley from Up Your Sleeve.

xwhaler

I believe you can see Mt Ascutney as well....not the ski trails as those were on the Northern face but the tower on the big peak

Skier4life

Going up to Magic next weekend...stand by, I will see what I can do. I have a panoramic app but am not that great with the techy stuff [stitching pictures together] so it will be more or less a series of panoramic views with captions!

NB: 100

reefer

Didn't think I would take any photos today. Mountain totally socked in with fog upon arrival. Inversion took over by ten and mountain tops kept appearing as the "ocean" receded. Ended up with (70) shots which I have to go through for a quick report. But for now I want to post these. It was an amazing phenomenon happening in Southern VT today. Something we've all witnessed, but today it was an all day event and just something simply magical. I would say the ceiling dropped to 2,000 feet by quitting time because you could see most if not all of Stratton. Wish i had a better camera.....................

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wicked awesome reefer. Thanks! It would be fun to stitch them together and then do another set with everything clear. The mountaintops look like islands where the valley has been flooded, a-la Quabbin reservoir.

TheArchitect

I was at Bromley yesterday and have a similar set of photos. The pics don't do the view justice. It was amazing to see.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Anyone have a chance to get some good Magic pics of the skyline/mountain line? I'm going there tomorrow. It will probably be sunny (hoping so, need the groundhog to see his shadow). Will need a domestic-type to "stitch" them together.

bobbutts

stratton_view.jpg