• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you get a flu shot every year?

Do you get a flu shot every year?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

bdfreetuna

Nope. I'm not convinced they are that effective. There is always some new flu popping up that the shot hasn't accounted for.

I get more colds than flu anyway, I'm not sure the last time I've even gotten an actual flu.

Perhaps when I am old and the flu could be an extinction level event for me, and the vaccine is probably a lot more effective by that point in history, I will consider it.

Or else, whenever the government makes it mandatory.

Bostonian

Didn't get the flu shot this year and I am now paying for it. Been sick for the last week. Was suppose to spend all weekend slushing (er... skiing), but I was in bed with a 102.5 temp and hacking a lung . Starting to feel a little better today, but still it sucks balls.

xwhaler

Always get the flu shot----I do tend to get the flu at least once/winter but psycologically I do feel the shot helps.

o3jeff

I knew I shouldn't have replied to this thread since I jinxed myself. Been home all weekend with a cold and a pinched nerve in my side!

Mpdsnowman

I have never had one except when I was a kid obviously. But as an adult, no....

Ive been discussing the flu season locally with friends and family. Some have had the flu but I am convinced one reason whey I never really get it is because I am a dishwasher at a restaurant.

When your living around sterile 125 degree water with soap and disinfectant etc, your hands are very clean..Most people think a dishwashers job is dirty..well it is to a point but if you have worked one you know...its actually very sterile and clean....

AND lol...Now I have to go to work lol...stay healthy people...

Mandoo1972

Nope! We give one to our son because his body isn't as strong as ours. Plus he was a sick kid/ baby.

Bumpsis

Got one this year - it was conveninet. I strive to get one every year but not always get around to it.
I am a strong proponent of flu shots. The more variants of the N and H proteins (components of the vaccine and the actual influenza virus) that a body builds up immunity to, the better the chances of being protected even if CDC doesn't come up with the right combination of vaccine components for this year's dominant virus. Even a partial antibody - virus protein match can reduce the severity of the actual sickness.
I hate being sick, especially when I can do something to prevent it or lessen its severity ahead of time. Science is a beautiful thing!
I wish more people would make an effort to get it. It would lessen the pool of potential infectors.