• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you keep greeting or birthday cards? Or throw them out?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Just curious. All of our Xmas cards just got taken down from the wall where they are taped during the holiday season.

I can't remember what I did in years past. I know I typically keep birthday / christmas / etc. cards in a bin in the basement. :dontknow:

Cheese

Keep the addresses, toss the cards.

BTW Nick, I didn't get yours this year so next year you're off the list!

ScottySkis

From dad keep, throw the rest out, but with facebook just get more Birthday wishes on their which is perfect.

Cannonball

I keep them.....until I finish reading them. And by "read them" I mean star blankly at them for what seems to be the appropriate amount of time to appear to have read them. Then they go in the wood stove.

ctenidae

We sent out our Christmas cards this year with a picture on the back of our son wearing a T-shirt that said "Oops, they did it again. I'm going to be a big brother."

2 people noticed it without extensive prompting. I think most people use the Cannonball method of card reading.

Cornhead

Toss em, keep the $ within. It was sad, my Sister died of cancer treatment when she was only 37 yrs old. When my Mom cleaned out her apartment, she found a bag full of cards that my Sister had bought to give to others but never had the chance. She was a "card person". Not I, I always buy them the last minute. My Mom's birthday is Christmas Day, must have got hosed as a kid, there's always at least one Christmas Birthday card in the rack. My Sister died on Dec 26th, I like to believe she hung on one more day as to not leave on Mom's birthday, they were very close.

Tamylea

I save special christmas, birthday and anniversary cards. All other christmas are recycled into christmas tags or crafts for the following year.

ScottySkis

Toss em, keep the $ within. It was sad, my Sister died of cancer treatment when she was only 37 yrs old. When my Mom cleaned out her apartment, she found a bag full of cards that my Sister had bought to give to others but never had the chance. She was a "card person". Not I, I always buy them the last minute. My Mom's birthday is Christmas Day, must have got hosed as a kid, there's always at least one Christmas Birthday card in the rack. My Sister died on Dec 26th, I like to believe she hung on one more day as to not leave on Mom's birthday, they were very close.

I'm sorry about your sister.