• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Biggest Problem Facing Ski Areas (and not global warming)

abovetreeline

^
Yea well he also shoots people while hunting so if that's not a badass, I don't know who is.

I don't know if accidentally shooting your buddy counts as being a bad ass... if he did it on purpose then thats another story...

snowmonster

I actually have a pair of jeans ready to go for skiing this April. It's beat down to the requisite softness.

One of the girls in the video was pretty hot so overall I gotta say, nice job.

Agree. She has convinced me to buy this shirt. That is good casting, Mr. Director.

Nice!

You should have commented about how Dick Cheney skis in jeans....

Does Cheney actually ski in jeans?

And from the movie Just Friends:

Chris: I can't compete with this guy!
Clark: You can't compete? Are you kidding? You're Chris Brander. You're Hollywood, you date models! He's Jersey, he skis in his jeans. It's Dinkleman. It's Dusty Dinkleman.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I think the regional hills you see alot more of this. Newbies at Wachusett / Blue Hills/ Nashoba / SKi Ward / Sundown / etc.

Anyone seen someone in jeans at somewhere like Jay or Sugarbush or Sugarloaf or MRG?

Unless it's a joke.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yes. All the time. And some of them can really rip.

Clothes do not make the skier.

Yes. All the time. And some of them can really rip.

Clothes do not make the skier.

I know that but I meant they normally wear it as a joke or on purpose to be cliche or whatever. Rarely (if ever?) do I see a serious skier wearing jeans as an actual preference over ski pants.

Downhill Threads

Website
www.downhillthreads.com
Thanks for the (mostly) positive compliments on the video. We created the shirt and video for fun... not because we truly hate people who ski in jeans. They're just an easy target. I thought it would be funny to make a super serious PSA about something not serious at all. No offense jean skiers.

I'd take a skier in jeans over a non-skier any day! But honestly... there are other options...

octopus

saw a guy skiing at magic on a pow day in jeans. guy was totally soaked by noon, but still happy.

BenedictGomez

One curious feature of the few people I do see wearing jeans? They often seem to pair them with football jerseys.

C-Rex

My boss skis in jeans all the time. He claims he gets too hot in ski pants. If he didn't work in an office, he'd be one of those guys that wears shorts all winter.

jimmywilson69

I have never skied in Jeans. Don't you people own a pair of work out pants or Running Pants made of nylon? For spring skiing I use my marmott precip pants over a pair of shorts.

I erradicated Jeans from wardobe about 4 years ago. I wear hiking pants as my "casual" lower body garment.

Yesterday at my local hill I saw several jeans wearing newbies. Some with wide open coats some skiing pretty well.