• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Elk Mountain 1-25-13

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Sure it looks dated, but it was clean and was in good shape. That's really all I ask for. Maybe it didn't seem cramped since I went on a Fri. I didn't understand why I couldn't pour my own coffee, but that's really insignificant.

Yeah, the shuttle is really dumb, but I only had to take it when I first got there. I parked close enough to the quad where I could ski down down at the end of the day. I know that's usually not an option if you have kids with you.

ScottySkis

Sure it looks dated, but it was clean and was in good shape. That's really all I ask for. Maybe it didn't seem cramped since I went on a Fri. I didn't understand why I couldn't pour my own coffee, but that's really insignificant.

Yeah, the shuttle is really dumb, but I only had to take it when I first got there. I parked close enough to the quad where I could ski down down at the end of the day. I know that's usually not an option if you have kids with you.

I went today Sunday, and found lodge was good for the crowd and like that they have plenty of space to hang coats, helmets, and found spots at table this morning very easy, even when it was quite chilly first thing this morning. I do not like the shuttle, some one told me a few weeks ago on my first trip to elk was that they use to let people up the quad to buy their tickets back in the day, wish they sell tickets by the quad, that is my only complaint so far, and really might buy a season pass their next year.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I do not like the shuttle, some one told me a few weeks ago on my first trip to elk was that they use to let people up the quad to buy their tickets back in the day, wish they sell tickets by the quad, that is my only complaint so far, and really might buy a season pass their next year.
There's actually a sign next to the quad that says something to the effect of "Due to abuse, we no longer allow one free lift ride. Please purchase lift ticket at the main lodge."

4aprice

There's actually a sign next to the quad that says something to the effect of "Due to abuse, we no longer allow one free lift ride. Please purchase lift ticket at the main lodge."

Question for Elk. Why not just put a small ticket office down by the west side lifts? Its a great place but sometimes you have to wonder just what these management types are thinking. (same with CBK and Blue). Anyway the 3 PA areas are looking pretty primed for a good 2nd half of the season (looking like a little snow for them today). Will enjoy them all this February before moving on to Vermont and Utah for March and April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

vinnyv11

Question for Elk. Why not just put a small ticket office down by the west side lifts? Its a great place but sometimes you have to wonder just what these management types are thinking. (same with CBK and Blue). Anyway the 3 PA areas are looking pretty primed for a good 2nd half of the season (looking like a little snow for them today). Will enjoy them all this February before moving on to Vermont and Utah for March and April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Weather to start this week could hurt. Rain......

4aprice

Weather to start this week could hurt. Rain......

48 hour warm bump with some rain should not damage too much of the good base blown on to those trails last week. Reconditioning should be able to commence before next weekend. February can be a time when things start to rock. I'll bet the best is yet to come for NE PA and the Pocono's.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

vinnyv11

48 hour warm bump with some rain should not damage too much of the good base blown on to those trails last week. Reconditioning should be able to commence before next weekend. February can be a time when things start to rock. I'll bet the best is yet to come for NE PA and the Pocono's.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hoping your right after the shit we dealt with last year. Need to meet up and ski with you at some point Alex.

4aprice

Hoping your right after the shit we dealt with last year. Need to meet up and ski with you at some point Alex.

Not last year. All my February skiing will be in NE PA so let me know when your going. Be at CBK most of the time but do make side ventures to Blue and Elk.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ