• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How bad is the damage?

homrtim

Hey everyone I'm quite new to snowboarding and my friend hooked me up with his Libtech skatebanana from last season. Although there was one minor flaw on it was that it had a crack on the back nose area. I'm not sure if I should repair the crack with some epoxy and let it dry or should I follow through another approach. Please let me know any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

IMAG0748.jpg

Mpdsnowman

Thats going to be a tough one...you need to get the best adhesive you can find. Those types of splits tend to re-split

use a vice grip to keep pressure when the adhesive is curing. Give it a couple of days.

worse case senario its a fine board to learn on. that crack shouldnt effect you too much since your just beginning....

Ive tried to repair those in the past. they are tough but again its not the end of the world for that board..