• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$teaux Jan 25

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Clear, light breeze, Temps from -5F to +1F. Delightful day. Two club vouchers were a sweet way to start the day.

Fourrunner was down for the day due to a comms cable problem. Started on the gondi - gondi-er was fast and groomed sweetly. Edgeable FGR. Fastest runs of the year, carving all the way down. Double and Trip were running. Slow ride, but I'm not spoiled. Anything that gets me to the top is fine with me!

Stowe is Stowe. Conditions by the afternoon can be best be described as "packed granular". No "Madge, I can see myself ice", the ops people done good. Not many dared to come out, fearful of the cool day. Consequentially no lift lines all day. Lots of closed trails, esp. double blacks - probably 50% snow on them. Yeah, they were blowing all day.
Went over to Spruce. Even with the sun, it was colder than Mani. Big surprise. So we headed back to Mani., spent the day on various groomers. The woodz didn't look too goodz.

Toe warmers and tissues were the tools of the day.