• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 2/1/2013

polski

Website
twitter.com
I haven't been posting TRs on every last trip lately because there's only so much I can say about lapping groomers and outings to the local hill to monitor the kids' school trips. I'll post a quickie here though as it was my first time to Wachusett. My son was racing and for driving him and a few teammates I got a freebie lift ticket and the chance to ski from roughly 4-6 p.m.

Man the place draws a crowd - and my son says it was a relatively light crowd yesterday evening. Conditions were about what I'd expected, not bad considering the thaw/washout just a couple days earlier. They were making snow on a few trails and I had no complaints with the grooming; easy enough to avoid most boilerplate and I didn't encounter any death cookies. But with all those high-speed lifts, the trails sure can get mobbed. At one point I got off a chair and there literally were too many people in front of me for me to proceed downhill. Quite a difference from the kind of skiing I've taken to at places like MRG and Magic. That said, conditions being what they are at the moment, I'm not going to complain about getting some free laps.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks; let's hope they get some upcoming snow. I have only been twice this year, it's been a teensy bit more difficult than anticipated getting out on the slopes with an 8 month old at home :lol: