• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/7-2/9

Tin

Here's approximately what to expect from the rest of tonight.

15483348510374153688916.png

Already at about 18" here. Can't believe we could see that much more. Doubt I will make it up to Crotched . Road has yet to be touched with a plow.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I didn't break out the ruler, but there's a a solid 15-18" on the ground here, outside of Manchester, NH. Its still snowing too, so we might push the 20" that they forecasted.

Sadly, the road hasn't been touched yet.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wind doesn't seem to be an issue. Mount Wash is only at 50 MPH. It isn't blowing here in Ashland at all. Snocountry has reports coming in, Loon only 9" seems surprisingly low. Ragged at 20" seems surprisingly high considering Sunapee is reporting 16" in a better location for the storm per estimates.

Euler

Solid foot in Putney, VT. The mountains should be prime! My kids decided to stay home and play in the snow so I'll miss the freshies today at the resorts today while I play at home on my BC gear. Hopefully get out and sample the soft snow via a lift somewhere tomorrow.

threepedals

Storm missed the mad river valley, We got 1.5inches overnight. The 8 we got throughout the day yesterday will still make for a great day, but not the blizzard we had been hoping for.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wind doesn't seem to be an issue. Mount Wash is only at 50 MPH.
Made the right call here. Peabody Quad was down right pleasant without any wind at all. NE wind FTW! One person I rode up with said they got to Waterville Valley at 9am, took one run, and then they shut down all the lifts except Valley Run. Meanwhile, all scheduled lifts ran all day at Cannon. Summit was VERY cold and windy but the wind was blowing straight up Cannonball Quad. VERY strange having the wind at my back on that lift. Not many people braving the summit.

Cannonball

^^ for sure!!! Was pretty happy with a handful of T2B burners on the tram to start the day. Then cycles of upper, zoomer, Peabody, repeat. So drifty. Everything from bare ground to knee deep. Great day to be on a board. Some phenomenal skiing going on but it looked like a workout that you really had to be on your game for.

Still, all that on a decent base would have been something really special. This is the base now I guess.

skiking4

Plattekill tomorrow. Got totally ditched so, me, a 17-year old skier, will be heading up alone as I won't miss out on the possibly the best conditions of the season. If you're heading up and spot a orange jacket, black ski pants, and white helmet teen skier with race guards on the poles, I'd love a ski buddy.

ScottySkis

Plattekill tomorrow. Got totally ditched so, me, a 17-year old skier, will be heading up alone as I won't miss out on the possibly the best conditions of the season. If you're heading up and spot a orange jacket, black ski pants, and white helmet teen skier with race guards on the poles, I'd love a ski buddy.

Fyi Potterbrothers in Kingston is open tomorrow at 8 am and selling flex tickets for Platty for tomorrow for 32$:thumbup: