• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fellow Skiing History Lovers

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Forgive me if I'm the last person to realize this, but I've learned Google has a Books section that can be used for researching old skiing information. Here's how:
1. Go to Google's home page on your browser (IE, Google Chrome, ect.- it doesn't matter which one)
2. At the top of the page you'll see a black bar with different items to search. Click more and then under that tab click Books
3. Search something! A date, mountain, event, anything.
4. You'll find old issues of skiing magazines as your search results if you succeed!

An example of what I found was this old Skiing magazine from 1978. Scroll to page 82 (upper-right of the shows a page counter) for an old article on Killington's South Ridge Triple.
http://books.google.com/books?id=AY...Ag#v=onepage&q=killington south ridge&f=false
Hope this help's you as much as it helped me! BTW, this is not a common breakfast food/sandwich meat commonly know as Spam.