• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attitash 2/4 and Cranmore 2/6

Sugart

My family and I rented a house 4 miles from Attitash so this will be just some quick points over the last two days of skiing.
Attitash 2/4
My brother, nephew, son and I left the house about 830. The boys took lessons while my brother and I skied. We started the day by getting the boys registered for ski school. As we were filling out the required forms the women who was helping printed out our tickets from liftopia. I thought this was really cool and saved us a step. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed the terrain. Conditions were pretty good. All but one run that was open was groomed from what I could tell and everything skied really well all day. I had one incident in the terrain park when I fell and ended up with a black eye.

Cranmore 2/6
I really liked the vibe here. The parking lot was a lot more full than I thought it would be. Turned out to be a race league. Like attitash, lift lines were non exsistent, but the conditions got worse as the day passed. I really enjoyed Rattlesnake with it being fairly narrow and in the trees. Unfortunately what I liked about it also must make it terrible on a busy day. A lot of beginners skied off what the groomers had done the night before. Conditions in the morning were really good, courd all around. There was a lot of bare spots, but only near the sides. They were blowing snow on quite a few trails unlike Attitash who was t making any. I really enjoyed both places for different reasons, but I can see how Cranmore could get boring.