• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - AlpineZone Summit 4.0

WinnChill

I have a lot to post. Will take me some time to get through it all. I filled my memory card with video on the gopro so I have to cut it up. What a great variety of conditions this weekend, we had everything from snow to sunshine, groomers to pow, glades to bumps.

That's awesome--glad you all enjoyed it. Yeah, looking forward to more pics/vids, etc.

xwhaler

Looks like an awesome time! Safe to assume that next yr's will be around the same timeframe? Mid Winter is certainly more reliable conditions wise than late season.
Both are great but awesome job working with the Loaf to secure this package mid winter!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Looks like an awesome time! Safe to assume that next yr's will be around the same timeframe? Mid Winter is certainly more reliable conditions wise than late season.
Both are great but awesome job working with the Loaf to secure this package mid winter!

Yup, next year we will definitely try to do around the same time.

last year we had 58 people.

This year we had 125 people.

Next year I want to hit 200 8)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
More pics from the snow:

brackett.PNG

1'+ in Brackett

dumping_at_bracket.PNG

Dumping on the way into Brackett

first_tracks.PNG

Gold - first tracks passes

hanging_at_the_apres.PNG

Chilling at the Widowmaker Apres

skistef_and_nick.PNG

Me and Ski Stef

skyline.PNG

Dumping up Skyline

snowed_in_at_the_summit.PNG

Summit is just socked in and snowing hard!

octopus

Thx nick. Great deal and weekend. Would've liked to talk to you, but you were busy. Maybe next year

WJenness

My ass is thoroughly kicked.

Saturday was my first full day on skis all season (and I'm pretty out of shape on the whole). After about three or four runs with wa-loaf and a few others, I felt like I was going to pass out. After a break for second breakfast, I went back out and skied until about 2:00. What a day. Loved it so much. Best day on the east coast in 3 years or so for me. After the apres-party, headed back to the condo and got a couple of pizzas delivered from the Shipyard Brewhaus. They were pretty good, but I'd probably ask for extra cheese next time.

Sunday morning, I got up, and felt pretty awful (dehydrated mainly), and it wasn't because I had a wild Saturday night either. I pounded a couple of liters of water (missed first tracks :-( ) and eventually made it out. I noticed the king pine lift was open my second time up whiffletree, so I went over there to get a Brackett Basin run in. I skied Cant Dog 1, and about half way down my legs started cramping up. I took my time and eventually picked my way out of the woods, but it was slow going for me.

I skied to the base, took a break, pounded some more water and had a granola bar. I went back up Whiffletree and made one more run and my legs started to cramp again. I took that as a sign and cut my day short at about 11:00 or so.

Went back to my car to finish digging it out, and was going to go up to the base to get some food before hitting the road..

Unfortunately, my car had other ideas. My battery was D-E-A-D dead.

reefer was just about to head out and saw my plight and gave me a jump. Thanks again, man!

From there, I drove straight home, not wanting to turn my car off again for fear of it not starting back up.

Replaced the battery, and all is good now. My legs are still killing me though. After a couple of days of recovery (office work), I should be good to go. Lots of water and ibuprophen.

Hell of a trip though. Thanks to Nick, the rest of the mods, Sugarloaf, wa-loaf, and everyone else who made it happen for me.

Can't wait for next year!

-w

bvibert

Staff member
Awesome weekend! The skiing was great and so were the people, good times all around! Great to meet some new people and reconnect with others that I haven't seen in a while!

Wayne, that was one hell of a first full day for you! My legs would have been SCREAMING... Well, actually they were!

I only took a few pictures with my phone. I also had my go-pro going on Friday and Saturday, and my DSLR on Sunday. I haven't had a chance to look at any of that yet though. Here's the cell phone pics that were at least half decent:

Looking up Comp Hill
2013-02-09_14-06-15_638.jpg

Looking down Comp Hill
2013-02-09_14-06-20_813.jpg

Comp Hill again?
2013-02-09_14-56-28_919.jpg

Spillway on Sunday
2013-02-10_09-43-11_633.jpg

The first 3 were from Saturday, the last on Sunday.

bvibert

Staff member
Sunday was a gorgeous clear day, and the snow was awesome. It was really tough to have to leave early!

bigbog

....It was really tough to have to leave early!

Not as tough as it was than to get there ~12:45 on Sunday for day #1 Brian!..arrrrggghhh.
Man, am I NEVER going to let my season go as far off the cliff for day #1 as this year. These last couple seasons have been the worst... What a weekend you all must've had. Great timing, especially for the Basin. Nice to see no wind/lift issues this year...

snowmonster

Glad to see that everyone had a great time. Great to see that AZ 4.0 was a rousing success! Congrats to all AZers who made it. Thanks for shredding it for us!

Wjenness, what took you so long to start the season? Got to make up for lost time, buddy.

bvibert

Staff member
Glad to see that everyone had a great time. Great to see that AZ 4.0 was a rousing success! Congrats to all AZers who made it. Thanks for shredding it for us!

Wjenness, what took you so long to start the season? Got to make up for lost time, buddy.

We missed you up there snowmonster!

bvibert

Staff member
Not as tough as it was than to get there ~12:45 on Sunday for day #1 Brian!..arrrrggghhh.

You, and the rest of New England! We couldn't believe the amount of people rolling in as we were on our way out!

Cornhead

Did anyone else enjoy telling the throngs there Sunday how awesome Saturday was, I did. Best day of my season by a long shot.

bvibert

Staff member
IMG_0869.JPG

bvibert quote: "Shots are my favorite"

Damn, I look disturbing there. The SoCo went down smooth though!

For the record; "Shots are my favorite" is a paraphrase from an ALLSKIING (in the Ski the East hoodie next to me) quote from a few years back... Gotta give credit where credit is due... :beer:

reefer

My ass is thoroughly kicked.

Unfortunately, my car had other ideas. My battery was D-E-A-D dead.

reefer was just about to head out and saw my plight and gave me a jump. Thanks again, man!

-w

No worries...............only halftime however. We were just checking out and moving the truck from the parking garage. (Yes I had underground parking, not a flake touched the Xterra!).
Went back out for the aftertnoon. Great move cause we got to the Summit!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Damn, I look disturbing there. The SoCo went down smooth though!

For the record; "Shots are my favorite" is a paraphrase from an ALLSKIING (in the Ski the East hoodie next to me) quote from a few years back... Gotta give credit where credit is due... :beer:

Thanks for the heads-up. I just saw the FB post with the quote :lol:

Stef is a MANIAC