• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Ridge 2/13

zyk

Checked the report just as I was leaving for Hunter. Snow Ridge was claiming 10 inches of lake effect... Seemed like the right day to give it a try.

What a great day. The hill is tiny, was only partially open, and there was some sort of race program goining on, but it didn't matter. There was snow and very, very few people (other than the racers). Skied 10-4 with one short break and was still able to find fresh snow last run. Will be watching closely for more random snow days like this one.

Cornhead

Snow Ridge, the Platty of Northern NY! What a cool little place, huh. I wish it were a little closer, 150 miles from home for me. With the localized LES, it'd be a great place to play hooky. Maybe he is sick, it didn't snow last night. Any NYS season's pass = $15 lift tickets to boot, helps pay for gas.

Warp Daddy

image.jpg Me and my BIL were there then too, we are the 2 little specs in this shot my wife took We are there most wednesdays as a reciprocal deal. That race was the NYS SECTIONALS for the region as kids prepare to qualify for the State Championships. Some great young skiers there especially the kids from Old ForgeHS

zyk

It was about 95 miles for me, a bit under 2 hours. Not a bad trip for a good snow day. Will be watching the weather and trying to get Wednesdays free. Next time I'll try to remember the camera.