• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World's Scariest Ski Slopes...

kingslug

Hell 45 degree is very scary....Also depends on how tight the run is...Jump turns on 45 degrees is terrifying and most would not go.
And that was the issue..damn thing is 1 turn wide.where as Main chute which is 40 degrees but very wide is pretty easy. I simply could not make the jump turn looking straight down that thing...its why I love those point of view vids of Alaska steeps..really shows how freaky thos things are...and they rip straight down them...I think nothing beats a 50 plus degree narrow chute for pure terror...

MadMadWorld

And that was the issue..damn thing is 1 turn wide.where as Main chute which is 40 degrees but very wide is pretty easy. I simply could not make the jump turn looking straight down that thing...its why I love those point of view vids of Alaska steeps..really shows how freaky thos things are...and they rip straight down them...I think nothing beats a 50 plus degree narrow chute for pure terror...

Tunnel Vision.jpg

This was Tunnel Vision at Kicking Horse. Probably about 45 degrees, extremely narrow, and very little room for mistake. Scariest thing I have ever skied. No question.

dmc

This was Tunnel Vision at Kicking Horse. Probably about 45 degrees, extremely narrow, and very little room for mistake. Scariest thing I have ever skied. No question.

CPR Ridge FTW!!! One of my most favorite places to ride in the world...
Also loved Redemption Ridge..

I could ride ridge chutes all damn day... :)

MadMadWorld

CPR Ridge FTW!!! One of my most favorite places to ride in the world...
Also loved Redemption Ridge..

I could ride ridge chutes all damn day... :)

It really kicks your ass. CPR is definitely the baddest but I love T1 & 2 and Whitewall just as much. Damn I need to get back!

BenedictGomez

Tecumseh - Shawnee Mt, PA...last Sun night.

Honestly, it was the iciest trail I've ever been on. And I was a Mountain Creek passholder for 3 years, so that's saying something. I am shocked it was open the whole night, especially with the rather large moguls.

I was there Sunday day, and that trail was definitely icy, so I imagine it only got worse at night. I only went down once, did the right side, which was kindof a chute formation. The left side was probably easier. Wasnt any moguls on the right side though (at least not at 1pm when I left). The gf snowplowed down it, I was proud of her. Shawnee is a great place to learn IMO.