• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World's Scariest Ski Slopes...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It's interesting how new skiers can get so freaked out over something that to me feels like walking. Even trails like Gondola Line at Sugarloaf, that top pitch is pretty damn steep, but it doesn't freak me out at all. I know my wife would have a heart attack if she looked at it :lol:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I have serious issue with list like these...

I've skied Goat, Paradise, Black Hole in the East, but never been intimidated. I've skied Grand Couloir in Courchevel is pretty impressive, but not the scariest thing. La Grave isn't a resort (never skied). Big Couloir at Big Sky isn't on the list.

Some places in Las Lenas scarred me. You start thinking what if...

dmc

Sharksfin at Gulmarg in Kashmir was one of the scariest I've ridden...

kingslug

I have serious issue with list like these...

I've skied Goat, Paradise, Black Hole in the East, but never been intimidated. I've skied Grand Couloir in Courchevel is pretty impressive, but not the scariest thing. La Grave isn't a resort (never skied). Big Couloir at Big Sky isn't on the list.

Some places in Las Lenas scarred me. You start thinking what if...

It would be impossible to list them all...I think anything over a 50 degree pitch is pretty scary..no way to stop a fall except in deep powder...Little Chute Baldy Mt. Utah scared the hell out of me..others would find it just challenging...

MadMadWorld

It would be impossible to list them all...I think anything over a 50 degree pitch is pretty scary..no way to stop a fall except in deep powder...Little Chute Baldy Mt. Utah scared the hell out of me..others would find it just challenging...

50 degree pretty scary? I would say it's downright terrifying. I can only count 1 or 2 times that I ever came close to 50 degrees (Kicking Horse and Revelstoke) and I thought I was going to shit my pants.

Rushski

Cannon - Tramline. Even when open it's scary with many pointy boulders below (and above).

ALLSKIING

Staff member
50 degree pretty scary? I would say it's downright terrifying. I can only count 1 or 2 times that I ever came close to 50 degrees (Kicking Horse and Revelstoke) and I thought I was going to shit my pants.
Hell 45 degree is very scary....Also depends on how tight the run is...Jump turns on 45 degrees is terrifying and most would not go.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Tecumseh - Shawnee Mt, PA...last Sun night.

Honestly, it was the iciest trail I've ever been on. And I was a Mountain Creek passholder for 3 years, so that's saying something. I am shocked it was open the whole night, especially with the rather large moguls.