• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush March 22nd - 24th - AlpineZone Gathering

ScottySkis

WWF-VT

I will be around all weekend. Current plan is to at least start the day at Mt Ellen on Saturday. Less crowd/more leftovers from the snow this week.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Awesome!

What's a good meet-up spot? My plan is to ski the morning with you guys , my wife will take a lesson. Then in the afternoon I'm going to be with her on the beginner slopes mostly.

It's pretty low-key. My in laws are coming as well to watch my son while we are out so I will be heading in at lunchtime and for dinner to hang out with them.

HowieT2

Im going to start at lincoln peak and then do a slidebrook run over to ellen before lunch.

So the plan is to meet up Sat morning? I don't know Sugarbush well, but I can meet up anywhere that's well marked/labeled.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OK for everyone who paid I am picking up the tickets tonight when I arrive. Someone familiar with Sugarbush; what's a good place to meet up at Lincoln Peak?

HowieT2

OK for everyone who paid I am picking up the tickets tonight when I arrive. Someone familiar with Sugarbush; what's a good place to meet up at Lincoln Peak?

Inside? upstairs at the gatehouse lodge, in the cafeteria, to the left of where the food is, there's a room.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Depends on the timing of "tonight".

Castlerock pub will be open after the upstairs is ≈ closed.

I figured we would meet in the mornig to distribute tickets since I don't know when everyone is arriving. Also, you guys can PM me and I will send you my email address.

ScottySkis

And you got the money from Cornhead for 2 sets of tickets?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This weekend a maritime low will rotate copious amounts of moisture into northeastern Quebec. Some of that moisture looks to push through into VT and NH on a N/NW wind. Models have been trending very favorably. Right now I'd say that from Friday night thru Sat night, significant upslope snow is possible from Mad River Glen thru Jay Peak Resort and through the White Mountains.
All major forecast models agree that the best chance for snowfall will be Jay -closest to the moisture source and usually does well on straight N/NW wind. Accums should be in that 4-8ish range widespread with the chance for higher amts in favored locations.
- LionelHutzskis

Via FIS (https://www.facebook.com/FamousInternetSkiers)

If you don't follow them on Facebook, you should.

I was trying to find a good visible landmark, but I realized that I could serve as that landmark. How about we meet at the line/maze for the Gate House express quad. I will be wearing a neon green helmet, bright red pants, and an orange jacket. I have this gear specifically so people can find me. Lifts spin at 8, I will be standing there starting at 7:50, but am willing to be there earlier. How does that sound? :smash::smash::smash:

~Scott

WWF-VT

Howie T2 has a good idea for people at Lincoln Peak in the AM: "Inside? upstairs at the gatehouse lodge, in the cafeteria, to the left of where the food is, there's a room." That room is called the "Sleeper Room" and it's usually empty at 8 AM. If anyone is headed to Mt Ellen I will be there with reefer. A good place to meet is at the Glen House @ 10:30 ( assuming some people do Slidebrook from LP and then bus to Mt Ellen)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I was trying to find a good visible landmark, but I realized that I could serve as that landmark. How about we meet at the line/maze for the Gate House express quad. I will be wearing a neon green helmet, bright red pants, and an orange jacket. I have this gear specifically so people can find me. Lifts spin at 8, I will be standing there starting at 7:50, but am willing to be there earlier. How does that sound? :smash::smash::smash:

~Scott

edit...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Howie T2 has a good idea for people at Lincoln Peak in the AM: "Inside? upstairs at the gatehouse lodge, in the cafeteria, to the left of where the food is, there's a room." That room is called the "Sleeper Room" and it's usually empty at 8 AM. If anyone is headed to Mt Ellen I will be there with reefer. A good place to meet is at the Glen House @ 10:30 ( assuming some people do Slidebrook from LP and then bus to Mt Ellen)

Let's do that at 7:50AM. I will have the passes with me.

I may / may not be skiing right out of the gate then (Depends on how the morning with my son goes). but I will be there at a minimum to pass out some passes :)